Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

pad199207 wrote: »
    Apparently it is true yes. Not surprising because Starbucks are fond of modern glassy facades on their stores. I think it’s a good addition because

1. We actually don’t have one in Naas already
    2. It’s good to have a choice.
    3. It’s not another bloody Costa.

what makes you think it's true?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

There are some really nice independent coffee shops in Naas town, shame to see another global over priced coffee chain opening, Surprised to see Kildare Co Co giving planning permission, oh wait the said company does not need planning to open anywhere they want

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

tempnam wrote: »
    what makes you think it's true?

I was chatting to Naas Ball. I also heard rumors a few weeks after Jolly closed that Starbucks would be going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

eusap wrote: »
    There are some really nice independent coffee shops in Naas town, shame to see another global over priced coffee chain opening, Surprised to see Kildare Co Co giving planning permission, oh wait the said company does not need planning to open anywhere they want

Why would Starbucks need planning permission? They are taking over an existing premises with likely no changes required.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Depends how pedantic the Council want to be, where Jolly was a Restaurant and Starbucks will be a Coffee Shop. Which if they want a proper balance in the centre of town could give rise to an over saturation of coffee shops (looking at google maps there are currently 10 Coffee shops on main street)

Other councils have taken issue with them opening

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/council-gives-starbucks-in-howth-four-weeks-to-close-1.2788800

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

I read somewhere that some multinational cafes move in without planning permission, and it takes about 6 months for county councils to take action. So not a deterrent.

Nice about the multinationals is that i dont feel guilty if i only order one coffee and sit there for an hour. i wouldnt do that to a sole trader cafe.

Thanks for the update. there are a couple of vacant premises in main street, id be keen for a Costa to open up at least one more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Costa is dirt IMO. Simply the worst Americano I've ever had. Not sure why people go for it myself but each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

pad199207 wrote: »
    I was chatting to Naas Ball. I also heard rumors a few weeks after Jolly closed that Starbucks would be going in there.

Who runs Naas Ball? wonder where he/she heard that rumour? i don't think it's true.

i see a lot of negative comments from people on the naas ball Facebook page - but nobody seems to be considering the fact that there simply isn't a queue of local Irish restaurateurs or retaillers looking to rent the place. The rent on that building must be big enough. Possibly only a big chain would survive in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

the Naas Ball isn’t known for its accuracy, 3 weeks ago is was posting about a fatality which was then retracted

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057408753/174

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Quote from KCC

As part of the M7 upgrade project it is necessary to demolish an existing overbridge to facilitate the ongoing construction of the new Osberstown Interchange Junction 9A between junctions 9 (Naas North) and Junction 10 (Naas South). This will affect traffic in both directions.

In order to safely carry out this demolition works and maintain M7 traffic in both directions, traffic will be directed around the area of the works via the newly constructed off/on slips of this new interchange. A cautionary speed limit of 25km/h will be in place through the new roundabout. Motorists are advised to expect long delays in this area.

These demolition works will take place over the weekend of Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st March, 2019. Traffic will be directed onto the slips from 9pm on Friday 29th March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Hi
    Moved from Maynooth to Naas and missing the fresh cream decent cake from the maynooth main st local baker. Dose Naas has the same local baker that is better than supper market cakes

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

Swans at the top of the town stock Cakefrom "Elite Bakery Maynooth ". So home to new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

you2008 wrote: »
    Hi
    Moved from Maynooth to Naas and missing the fresh cream decent cake from the maynooth main st local baker. Dose Naas has the same local baker that is better than supper market cakes

You're hoping for a lot. We can't even get fresh bread in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Natural Bakery in Monread isn’t a bad option

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

and the soda bread shop

LOL that may explain the house price :P

roroliam wrote: »
    Swans at the top of the town stock Cakefrom "Elite Bakery Maynooth ". So home to new home.

really? many thanks - hope the fresh cream will not go off - will check it out passby SV.

Hi
    can someone please ref a good Physiotherapy at Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

you2008 wrote: »
    Hi
    can someone please ref a good Physiotherapy at Naas?

Kishan Mistri at KM Physio beside the Garda station.

Sorted stuff out for me. Can recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Eli1

Looking for opinions on this estate in Naas.

Would you recomend it as a place to live with young family?
    In particular looking to see if there is a management fee for house owners? A liitle worried as seems a big estate but great location!

• Advertisement

Oldtown Demense

In particular looking to see if there is a management fee for house owners? A liitle worried as seems a big estate but great location![/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Eli1 wrote: »
    Oldtown Demense

In particular looking to see if there is a management fee for house owners? A liitle worried as seems a big estate but great location!
    [/quote]

It's a nice spot, particularly all the newer houses on the right as you go into it.

If you're in one of the houses there shouldn't be any management fees as the council will have taken it in charge or are currently doing so. You probably will have to pay grass cutting/gardening fees to the residents committee though.

I think there are apartments down the back which probably will have management fees for bins, common area upkeep etc as is the norm with apartments.

Really depends on location. Location wise though, you could definitely do a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah nice area and a good location, close to Sallins train station and only a 25 minute walk into town.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Kishan Mistri at KM Physio beside the Garda station.

Sorted stuff out for me. Can recommend.

Agreed, Kishan helped me out too, and I know a few other runners who go to him as well...

jasonb wrote: »
    Agreed, Kishan helped me out too, and I know a few other runners who go to him as well...

many thanks - i am a runner :eek:

Yeah nice area and a good location, close to Sallins train station and only a 25 minute walk into town.

Thanks so much. Are there many rentals in there? Seems a huge place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Jysk opened its new store in Naas yesterday. It was then broken into overnight with extensive damage done to the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Cazale wrote: »
    Jysk opened its new store in Naas yesterday. It was then broken into overnight with extensive damage done to the roof.

Never one to doubt You C, but the following is in Kildare now today:

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/jysk-naas-customer-party-saturday-free-coffee-cake/273457

No mention of a break in or vandalism.

Assuiming it is true, it's a shocking opening for Jysk. Where exactly is the store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Has anyone been to the store actually? I was going to have a look some evening but haven't had chance yet. Is it quite big like B & Q?
    q

Advertisement