Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

It's in between Halfords and Curry's.

I thought the crowd would have died down by 3 yesterday, picked up a few rugs. But the queue was over an hour long. I sent herself up the front to see how long they were waiting to pay.

We put the stuff back, didn't need them that much. It's more a bigger version of Tiger, but with bed room stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Reversal

Hi All,

Looking for a family home in Naas. Couple of properties on the market in the Lakelands/Sunday’s well area. How are these estates and areas in general?

Really just looking for somewhere quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

jaffa20 wrote: »

I get a daily digest from KildareNow, and realised it's an early morning edition, probably sent before the break in was reported.

Thanks to both You Jaffa20 & Cazale for letting us know. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I get a daily digest from KildareNow, and realised it's an early morning edition, probably sent before the break in was reported.

Thanks to both You Jaffa20 & Cazale for letting us know. Much appreciated.

What a scummy thing to do. Large chain store or not, stuff like that gives the town a bad name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Went up to jysk with the missus today. It's not great. I wouldn't have liked to have been one of those who was queuing up from 2am for the opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Cazale wrote: »
    Went up to jysk with the missus today. It's not great. I wouldn't have liked to have been one of those who was queuing up from 2am for the opening.

Yeah was up there too this morning. The store needs to be much bigger and more tills. I left my purchases there because I wasn’t waiting in that queue. One person said the queue was an hour long, even a couple of days into the opening and the queues are still massive.

The store is way too small for Kildare as a county.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Cazale wrote: »

Totally agree; me and the missus went over last night to see what the hype was about - really not great and a waste of a journey for us

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 vincedh

pad199207 wrote: »

The store is way too small for Kildare as a county.

The fuss will die down very quickly when people realise its nowhere near as good as the hype that surrounded it. Think Dunnes Home dept combined with a mattress dept. Definitely no similarity to ikea.

You have several more branches opening very quickly. I'm just 10min from Portlaoise and they are opening in Laois Shopping Centre in June. Navan and Drogheda are also opening very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Had a look yesterday just after 5pm. Some of the garden furniture looks pretty good, but I'm definitely not impressed overall. If I remember correctly, there's much more to Jysk in Scandinavia than what's on display here.

On a positive note, there was no queue to speak of (though I didn't buy anything myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

There's a job going in Clane (about a 10 minute drive from Naas). It might be good for someone trying to change - or start - a career.

Clarwick are looking for Trainee Technician (no experience required).

Technical assistant/trainee required to support the work of engineers in water purification and chemical cleaning company. Full training will be provided so experience not essential. The successful candidate should be hard working, physically fit, prepared to work as part of a team but sensible enough to work under their own initiative. Technical/mechanical aptitude is essential. Must also be flexible and available to work overtime, weekends and evenings when required.

The work will involve a mix of in-house work in the workshop and on-site work at our various clients premises (mostly based in Dublin). Therefore own transport is required.

Office is based in Kildare (Clane) but most of the work is in Dublin.

To apply, please visit https://kildarejobs.ie/job/14013867/trainee-technician

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Theres is an industrial unit being built in Naas Industrial estate on the left as you go in the main entrance. Brady construction are building it. Anyone know who is going to occupy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Theres is an industrial unit being built in Naas Industrial estate on the left as you go in the main entrance. Brady construction are building it. Anyone know who is going to occupy it?

Dennison

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Costa coffee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/376260/well-known-naas-politician-threatened-over-ring-road-vote.html

Lovely sensational headline - the "threat" is explained in the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

HonalD wrote: »

A quote from the article:

'He added: “I was told €10,000 would be put into a campaign to stop me being elected. It is very worrying that threats of this kind are made and it is a threat to democracy.”'

I would have thought someone campaigning to stop someone from being elected *is* democracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

jasonb wrote: »
    A quote from the article:

'He added: “I was told €10,000 would be put into a campaign to stop me being elected. It is very worrying that threats of this kind are made and it is a threat to democracy.”'

I would have thought someone campaigning to stop someone from being elected *is* democracy?

Democracy is one person one vote. Democracy is not one person using €10,000, (relatively large for a local election) to influence it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

sdraobs wrote: »
    Democracy is one person one vote. Democracy is not one person using €10,000, (relatively large for a local election) to influence it.

I'd say the big parties would easily spend that amount of money to influence a local election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

sdraobs wrote: »
    Democracy is not one person using €10,000, (relatively large for a local election) to influence it.

Not sure I agree - All candidates have access to donations.

I'd have gone with a more ironic headline:

"Politician believes everything he hears" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

HonalD wrote: »

That headline really is stretching things a bit much, the LL really do score some own goals and I don’t bother reading it anymore.

I wouldn’t believe much that comes out of Scully’s mouth either, he comes across as one of the worst type of politicians, a slimy weasel with no spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

Apparently Naas Ball will be no more pity as it was a great source of info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Is Dunnes still opening in Naas? Haven't seen any news on it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Is Dunnes still opening in Naas? Haven't seen any news on it recently.

Yes, Construction well underway, Huge job, Pretty much levelled the old Superquinn

Streetlamp wrote: »
    Apparently Naas Ball will be no more pity as it was a great source of info.

I think he is having second thoughts. If you are in twitter, keep messaging about it to him. Would be a real shame to see him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

MotorMike wrote: »
    Yes, Construction well underway, Huge job, Pretty much levelled the old Superquinn

Hey, only a year here at Naas, we definitely need Dunss, where was the old Superquinn?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

you2008 wrote: »
    Hey, only a year here at Naas, we definitely need Dunss, where was the old Superquinn?

Across the road from kbc bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I heard June / July opening for dunnes. Looking at the building the other day I'd expect at least an n7 kinda delay

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

I'm new to naas, and the recent sunny weather got me thinking - is there any outdoor swimming spots around?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hmcd

I’m just wondering if anyone has haggled successfully on the price of any of the new builds around Naas? I’ve noticed prices dropping slightly on the older estates over the last year, falling up to €30k in places which makes me think things may be starting to stall ever so slowly. I’m looking specifically at Stoneleigh and Longstone(yet to launch), but I’m curious about Finlay Park and Castle Farm too. Bellingsfield is lovely but in the wrong location for me.

I know people haggle the price of older houses all the time but does this happen with new builds?

I’ve lived in Naas for 10 years and I’m finally in a position to buy. Idea is to buy and rent a few rooms out, all below the 14k limit of course, provided there’s still a rental market by the time it all goes through. Would be cheaper than the monstrous rent I’m paying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

hmcd wrote: »
    I’m just wondering if anyone has haggled successfully on the price of any of the new builds around Naas? I’ve noticed prices dropping slightly on the older estates over the last year, falling up to €30k in places which makes me think things may be starting to stall ever so slowly. I’m looking specifically at Stoneleigh and Longstone(yet to launch), but I’m curious about Finlay Park and Castle Farm too. Bellingsfield is lovely but in the wrong location for me.

I know people haggle the price of older houses all the time but does this happen with new builds?

I’ve lived in Naas for 10 years and I’m finally in a position to buy. Idea is to buy and rent a few rooms out, all below the 14k limit of course, provided there’s still a rental market by the time it all goes through. Would be cheaper than the monstrous rent I’m paying now.

I tried to haggle with a new build. The estate agent said "no" the price is the price. With a second hand build, the estate agent will put offer to vendor. in this case, it was racecourse gate, the price was the price. though at that stage it was the beginning of the devleopment. if the new development hadnt sold out and they are having trouble selling, they might entertain a lower offer. i got hearsay that there is a timelimit on new builds, so that a developer will have to sell them by a certain time, so if clock is ticking they might entertain a lower offer. not sure how accurate that is..

Also check hte market about renting. i know someone who bought a house in shankill for that reason to rent out rooms. she couldnt rent them out. single people want to be in dublin city centre. families live in naas. if i was single, i wouldnt be here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

If you get a sense things are slowing and if sales in a development look sluggish, definitely try making an offer. I know of people that did it during the last slowdown with leftover new stock.

All they can say is no!

Advertisement