Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

While Help-to-Buy continues to exist there is zero reason for a builder to give any haggle room on a new build.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm new to naas, and the recent sunny weather got me thinking - is there any outdoor swimming spots around?

Was out in Carnalway on Saturday, there were a few swimming, even though the level was low. Another spot, in the Liffey under the aqueduct.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hmcd

sdraobs wrote: »
    I tried to haggle with a new build. The estate agent said "no" the price is the price. With a second hand build, the estate agent will put offer to vendor. in this case, it was racecourse gate, the price was the price. though at that stage it was the beginning of the devleopment. if the new development hadnt sold out and they are having trouble selling, they might entertain a lower offer. i got hearsay that there is a timelimit on new builds, so that a developer will have to sell them by a certain time, so if clock is ticking they might entertain a lower offer. not sure how accurate that is..

Also check hte market about renting. i know someone who bought a house in shankill for that reason to rent out rooms. she couldnt rent them out. single people want to be in dublin city centre. families live in naas. if i was single, i wouldnt be here.

Thank you. Lots of food for thought there.
    I’ve been in Naas for about 10 years, moved here when I was 23 and never went back home. I came here for a teaching job and ended up staying in the school due to no jobs coming up where I’m originally from. I actually quite like it here! I had lived in Dublin for a while but naas suited me better. My staff room is 70% renters. When I first moved here I was able to afford my own place. Now with price increases I’m in a house share for the last 3 years, sharing with 3 others, two of whom are also renting the rooms. I look on the sharing section of daft very regularly looking for a better set up but they’re not there. Another thing I’ve noticed is people renting rooms out Mon-Friday, that was unheard of when I first moved here. Although all it would take is for Kerry Group to leave for things to change. There’s so many variables to take into account I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

hmcd wrote: »
    I’m just wondering if anyone has haggled successfully on the price of any of the new builds around Naas? I’ve noticed prices dropping slightly on the older estates over the last year, falling up to €30k in places which makes me think things may be starting to stall ever so slowly. I’m looking specifically at Stoneleigh and Longstone(yet to launch), but I’m curious about Finlay Park and Castle Farm too. Bellingsfield is lovely but in the wrong location for me.

I know people haggle the price of older houses all the time but does this happen with new builds?

I’ve lived in Naas for 10 years and I’m finally in a position to buy. Idea is to buy and rent a few rooms out, all below the 14k limit of course, provided there’s still a rental market by the time it all goes through. Would be cheaper than the monstrous rent I’m paying now.

I bought in Stoneleigh and there was no haggling on the price, the price is the price but there's only a few houses left to sell so they may be willing to do a deal but it's unlikely i'd imagine. I'd say you'd be more likely getting something thrown in ie, it's 15k extra if you want a south facing garden - they may forego this to close the deal. i'd imagine they're anxious enough to get the properties sold before they launch Longstone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I bought in Stoneleigh and there was no haggling on the price, the price is the price but there's only a few houses left to sell so they may be willing to do a deal but it's unlikely i'd imagine. I'd say you'd be more likely getting something thrown in ie, it's 15k extra if you want a south facing garden - they may forego this to close the deal. i'd imagine they're anxious enough to get the properties sold before they launch Longstone.

Have you been happy with Stoneleigh so far? Any issues getting out in the morning yet?

• Advertisement

Have you been happy with Stoneleigh so far? Any issues getting out in the morning yet?

Very happy especially now that the barriers are down and they have tarmaced the place. We didn't get any of the free stuff they got out in Pipershill which is a sour point amongst the neighbours. In fairness to Ballymore they were quite good to deal with and the quality of the houses is excellent. No real issues getting out just a set of traffic lights to get onto the ring road. I'd prefer access to the blessington road but then again I love how quiet the estate is.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Very happy especially now that the barriers are down and they have tarmaced the place. We didn't get any of the free stuff they got out in Pipershill which is a sour point amongst the neighbours. In fairness to Ballymore they were quite good to deal with and the quality of the houses is excellent. No real issues getting out just a set of traffic lights to get onto the ring road. I'd prefer access to the blessington road but then again I love how quiet the estate is.

Pipershill got free stuff?! What did they get?
    Yeah any of the Ballymore Houses I’ve been in feel like ‘real’ houses. They’re not your typical mass build estate in my opinion.

Pipershill got free stuff?! What did they get?
    Yeah any of the Ballymore Houses I’ve been in feel like ‘real’ houses. They’re not your typical mass build estate in my opinion.

Just small things like getting their windows cleaned, they also get access to Killashee including 3 years membership to the gym and access to the pool sauna etc. That's afaik, there may be more or that might not been entirely accurate.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

^that's deadly.

I guess it’s a sweetener considering how it’s a bit of a trek into town and the school traffic.

• Advertisement

Though I did just assume the window cleaning would have been included in all them new builds under maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

anyone know if there are any updates on the plan to build a path/cycleway from sallins into Dublin. I saw there was a planning permission notice displayed not too long ago. i wonder if it will be affected by this news:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/river-barrow-visitors-are-just-flabbergasted-at-how-gorgeous-it-is-1.3871953

i hope the path is put in place. the one time i tried cycling on the rough surface, i got burst a tyre on the rock surface beside kileen golf club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    There's a job going in Clane (about a 10 minute drive from Naas). It might be good for someone trying to change - or start - a career.

Clarwick are looking for Trainee Technician (no experience required).

Technical assistant/trainee required to support the work of engineers in water purification and chemical cleaning company. Full training will be provided so experience not essential. The successful candidate should be hard working, physically fit, prepared to work as part of a team but sensible enough to work under their own initiative. Technical/mechanical aptitude is essential. Must also be flexible and available to work overtime, weekends and evenings when required.

The work will involve a mix of in-house work in the workshop and on-site work at our various clients premises (mostly based in Dublin). Therefore own transport is required.

Office is based in Kildare (Clane) but most of the work is in Dublin.

To apply, please visit https://kildarejobs.ie/job/14013867/trainee-technician

Still looking for someone for this if you know anyone who might be interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Have a pond I want to take out and have 3 fish in it the past few years

Anyone got a pond and want 3 free fish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Have a pond I want to take out and have 3 fish in it the past few years

Anyone got a pond and want 3 free fish ?

Which type of fish? I might take them for my own :D

Dammit, I was just heading over with a fishing rod.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Which type of fish? I might take them for my own :D

They are big goldfish I think ! 2 of them are pretty big, one black and the other white and gold

The smaller one is orange but still a pretty big fish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I’ll take them off your hands if they’re going free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

They are big goldfish I think ! 2 of them are pretty big, one black and the other white and gold

The smaller one is orange but still a pretty big fish

I had a similar situation about 7/8 years ago and there was a guy in Naas with a big pond in his back garden who took them off me
    If I remember his details I'll PM you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    I’ll take them off your hands if they’re going free.
    Should elaborate, I have a large, well established pond that’s crying our for a few coloured fish, currently has loads of stickleback but they’re not much to look at. I’ve been meaning to put in goldfish for a while now just never got round to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I can't understand how the shop window competition for Punchestown in Naas is judged.

The spectacular oragimi horse in Coffee Beans House, inside the gateway between Peter Marks and Four Star Pizza is spectacular, and surely deserves the win. It is easily visible from the main street even though it is inside the gate. The lady in the shop told me it was judged so it was not missed.
    If you are in Naas in the next few days do take a look and judge for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 John.c.13

Have lost a few regulars for a weekly 5 a side at red lane in naas. Has been Tuesdays at 8 but also looking at moving to thursdays to suit a few. Easygoing game, mixed standard, people generally early 20s to mid 30s. Pm if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Hi Naaser,
    I am planning to use the air bus to the airport, there is a stop at the Naas cinema, dose anyone know there is any restriction to park the car at the cinema or the woodies for 5 nights?

you2008 wrote: »
    Hi Naaser,
    I am planning to use the air bus to the airport, there is a stop at the Naas cinema, dose anyone know there is any restriction to park the car at the cinema or the woodies for 5 nights?

I've seen people park their cars across from the cinema and get the bus to the city. Not sure about leaving it for a few days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Thank God Punchestown is finished. Bloody awful week for residents of the town.

Thank God Punchestown is finished. Bloody awful week for residents of the town.

But a great week for businesses in the town.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

But a great week for businesses in the town.

No. A great week for the publicans who put absolutely nothing back into the town.
    A number of years ago Punchestown was rebranded as "Naas Festival Week" and was funded by a levy on the publicans and restaurateurs in the town. This allowed the organisers to put a bit of bunting up, a couple of free concerts in the square and a couple of other activities like the barmen's race, the notorious pig race, and
    other bits of street entertainment. However the greedy publicans realised that the crowds would still come into town and that the only beneficiaries of this "freebie" were locals and they didn't actually need to pay anything, so they stopped. Hence the only thing residents of the town get is hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hi Naaser,

There is a car park at the cinema (paid), not sure how much it would be for 5 nights

Would be at your own risk parking at Woodies for 5 nights, if it was my car I wouldnt

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    There is a car park at the cinema (paid), not sure how much it would be for 5 nights

Would be at your own risk parking at Woodies for 5 nights, if it was my car I wouldnt

thanks for the advice, just checked the cinema car park today, it is free parking for the cinerma ( per the staff i was in the cinerma last time), would be ok to leave there for 5 days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

thanks for the advice, just checked the cinema car park today, it is free parking for the cinerma ( per the staff i was in the cinerma last time), would be ok to leave there for 5 days?

Where are you coming from? No way would I leave a car in such a place for 5 nights. Why can't you organise a taxi or ask a friend/family member for a lift from your house to the nearest stop..

Advertisement