Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

For the sake of 35 euros I'd be parking at the airport.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

For the sake of 35 euros I'd be parking at the airport.

Exactly, and it is also a 10 euro each way trip on the Green bus. It's not as if it's free

Exactly, and it is also a 10 euro each way trip on the Green bus. It's not as if it's free

If your traveling as a couple,
    Which most people are.
    It's nearly always better to park at the airport.
    You might save 20 quid but the hassle of waiting on the bus (especially on the way home) is not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If your traveling as a couple,
    Which most people are.
    It's nearly always better to park at the airport.
    You might save 20 quid but the hassle of waiting on the bus (especially on the way home) is not worth it.

Not to mention you have just mentioned on a public forum you intend parking there im a security lacking car park for a week! Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

i saw a clamped car in the Woodies car park about a year ago. i wondered at the time what the circumstances were, i am guessing now that someone tried the same trick of leaving the car there to go to airport.

would it be awkward parking in the woodies car park, getting suitcases out of a car and walking towards the Naas Ball. if security came over while you were taking the suitcases out, would it be awkward explaining what you are doing.

i like parking in the airport myself, mainly for the trivial reason that I can pick up bread/milk etc on the way home.

id say the jungle den/ colman sports car park would be less managed by security, especially with the garage there id say cars would just sit there.id suggest parking there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

sdraobs wrote: »
    i saw a clamped car in the Woodies car park about a year ago. i wondered at the time what the circumstances were, i am guessing now that someone tried the same trick of leaving the car there to go to airport.

would it be awkward parking in the woodies car park, getting suitcases out of a car and walking towards the Naas Ball. if security came over while you were taking the suitcases out, would it be awkward explaining what you are doing.

i like parking in the airport myself, mainly for the trivial reason that I can pick up bread/milk etc on the way home.

id say the jungle den/ colman sports car park would be less managed by security, especially with the garage there id say cars would just sit there.id suggest parking there.

Not a good idea. Patrolled by Maudlins Security. Also why do people go to such lengths to avoid paying for parking ffs.

soundman45 wrote: »
    Not a good idea. Patrolled by Maudlins Security. Also why do people go to such lengths to avoid paying for parking ffs.

i stand corrected re that car park, and agree with soundman, i suggest just paying the parking fee. if you can afford to fly....

soundman45 wrote: »
    ............Also why do people go to such lengths to avoid paying for parking ffs.

Tight with money presumably.
    Genuinely short or just miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Augeo wrote: »
    Tight with money presumably.
    Genuinely short or just miserable.

But will have plenty for the pints no doubt...

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

:D:D ha ha- i can not imagine i am doing that, thanks for all the advice - i am a new Naaser, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just get a taxi into town to the bus. If your insurance found out, you parked in a private car park for a few days, there'd be a case to not paying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

beertons wrote: »
    Just get a taxi into town to the bus. If your insurance found out, you parked in a private car park for a few days, there'd be a case to not paying out.

oh yea:confused: there is a condition of that:confused: never read the small print :P

what sort of ****e are you talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any word on Leo Burdocks?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Any word on Leo Burdocks?

June 4

Permission up for a Thai takeaway at Tesco extra where the fish mongers was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Permission up for a Thai takeaway at Tesco extra where the fish mongers was.

I think that could be Camile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

pad199207 wrote: »
    I think that could be Camile

I hope so. I like Camile. I used to be a fan of the Thai kitchen in Sallins - but I gave up on them. I don’t think the food is as good as when they first opened. In fact I think they’ve just gone steadily downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

Thinking of getting a kitchen and dining room extension on back of house. Can anyone one recommend a builder, especially one that finishes on time.

BF Construction in Clane. They did an attic conversion for me recently and finished bang on time. They get a big thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

Just wondering if the creche situation in Naas is the same as Dublin i.e look at booking a place as soon as the baby is basically conceived? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

any recommendation for a carpenter ?
    looking to get a small job in my utility room against one wall to house the w/machine, dryer etc and some storage
    Built ins

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    any recommendation for a carpenter ?
    looking to get a small job in my utility room against one wall to house the w/machine, dryer etc and some storage
    Built ins

Number 6 down beside me. His name is Bart, tell him I sent you.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Just wondering if the creche situation in Naas is the same as Dublin i.e look at booking a place as soon as the baby is basically conceived? :)

Yep it’s just as bad over a year waiting list in a lot of crèches we went to some crèches wouldn’t even give us a waiting time for the baby room as available spaces go to siblings of kids already there so get in early

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Hi, would anyone know a personal trainer who would train someone with a disability / limited mobility in Naas or surrounding areas? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Hi, would anyone know a personal trainer who would train someone with a disability / limited mobility in Naas or surrounding areas? Thanks in advance!

Thread carefully there. Most 'PT's are the product of spurious 6 to 12 week courses through various mediums with sketchy Conferring Bodies.

Check out their bone fides and if they have specialty in working with the disabled those with limited mobility

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Carrie6OD wrote: »

Did you try Physioworks in Millenmium Park, they have a gym attached

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Looking into primary schools for my daughter, does anyone have any reports on the Craddockstown primary school?

We're not religious so hoping for a non denominational school, are there any others in Naas?

Cerdito wrote: »
    Looking into primary schools for my daughter, does anyone have any reports on the Craddockstown primary school?

We're not religious so hoping for a non denominational school, are there any others in Naas?

there might be one beside kilashee house. But its kind of a private school. its a "voluntary" donation. all the other main schools are religious - mercy, corbans, bhride, gaelscoil. i heard they plan to bring an Educate together school to Naas but thats way off.

on a more general point, unlike 20 years ago, their are no priest or nuns left to teach in these schools. The teachers still needs to follow the ethos of the school, but i dont think there is a huge religious element.

i expect that Communions and confirmations will be outside school hours in a few years time.

Have you a particular concern?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Anyone have a rough idea of the price of a taxi from city centre to Naas?

• Advertisement

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Anyone have a rough idea of the price of a taxi from city centre to Naas?

60euro on a fri/sat night when no traffic.

Advertisement