Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Anyone have a rough idea of the price of a taxi from city centre to Naas?

At what time are you going to travel. Naas has an almost 24/7 bus service to and from the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

soundman45 wrote: »
    At what time are you going to travel. Naas has an almost 24/7 bus service to and from the city.

It will be late on a Saturday night. Any links to buses?

Sorry I am new to the area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

bus link

Sorry I am new to the area

JJ Kavanagh last bus fron Georges Quay at 00.30 direct to Naas.
    Bus Eireann 126x at 01.30 and 03.30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nightlink Bus Eireann bus is at 12.30 and 03.30am every Saturday night from the quays and will bring you back to Naas, it is around €14 as far as I can remember. Can get pretty busy too.

A taxi direct will probably cost you €50-€60 if you can agree a price before you get in it. Some drivers won't do it if it is busy in town.

Other option is getting a taxi to the red cow luas stop and getting Dublin coach back to Naas (€5), these buses leave every hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

What broadband provider are people using in the area?

I'm on Virgin and have been for a few years and up to about 5-6 weeks ago it was faultless, but lately I've noticed its very intermittent, lads also complaining that the streaming of video is a lot slower and also for gaming

I work from home and rely on it for that, and don't have an issue from that side as I plug directly into the router but for the wifi it seems a bit pish occasionally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I'm on Virgin and have been for a few years and up to about 5-6 weeks ago it was faultless, but lately I've noticed its very intermittent, lads also complaining that the streaming of video is a lot slower and also for gaming...but for the wifi it seems a bit pish occasionally

There's some chat on that topic here;

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057871087/13

I disabled the 'smart wifi' option and just do what I've always done, check for channel interference every few months and choose a less congested channel for 2.4 GHz which isnt easy in a housing estate. 'smart wifi' may have come on stream about the same time as you started having your wifi problems. Changing the 2.5GHz channel was a problem for some of our older devices (wiiU and Xbox) and a relative's 2 year old ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Other option is getting a taxi to the red cow luas stop and getting Dublin coach back to Naas (€5), these buses leave every hour.

some Luas run to half 12 and coach back to Naas , if you are not plan to stay too late in town.

JJ Kavanagh last bus fron Georges Quay at 00.30 direct to Naas.
    Bus Eireann 126x at 01.30 and 03.30

When did Bus Eireann start the 126N service again? It was cancelled after Christmas and as far as I know, will not be re-instated until Go Ahead take over the 126 route later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/423641/could-conor-mcgregor-be-interested-in-naas-pub.html

McGregor isn’t a patch on the Legend that’s is Tommy.

In all seriousness though I hope Fletchers remains unchanged even under new ownership its such an iconic pub in the town and the old features inside are worth the price of a pint to see the old tills and casks etc

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Take no notice of that, he's been linked to a dozen pubs already.

He was in there last week maybe just coincidence but I wouldn’t just discount his interest. I really hope he doesn’t buy it but I can’t see why you would dismiss so easily that he would invest in a pub close to where he lives ??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm sorta in the same industry. There's a place for sale near his home, he knocks in once a month, same rumour goes round. And the crowd there love him. He won't get the same love in Fletcher's.

Good to know he definitely won’t be welcomed by the locals in Fletchers and as I said it’s a great pub hope it lands in good hands

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

He seems to move fast in and out of things, in the ring (cage?), and in and out of retirement. Sure if he buys Fletchers, i wouldnt be surprised if he sells it on soon after.

I heard Fletchers is becoming a Costa. on a serious note, bring on Starbucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

The Costa jokes have been going for a while here but, recently I only fully understood the signficance of over-Costacisation. Up in the Blanch centre, well technically in the West End retail park to the side of it, there's a Coasta down beside Lidl at one end of the park. Standing with your back to it you can see another one, at the top of the road, not a few hundred metres away, up behind Wetherspoons. Like, what planning laws allowed this? Bizarre. It's like a Simpsons gag.

costa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

skD13 wrote: »
    The Costa jokes have been going for a while here but, recently I only fully understood the signficance of over-Costacisation. Up in the Blanch centre, well technically in the West End retail park to the side of it, there's a Coasta down beside Lidl at one end of the park. Standing with your back to it you can see another one, at the top of the road, not a few hundred metres away, up behind Wetherspoons. Like, what planning laws allowed this? Bizarre. It's like a Simpsons gag.

costa.png

Apparently the ceo of costa lives in Naas. Any connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Apparently the ceo of costa lives in Naas. Any connection?

Mr. Coca Cola lives in Naas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa_Coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Would anyone be able to recommend a plumber/handyman in around Naas/Sallins who would be able to change a kitchen sink tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

Any recommendations for a nice bit of lunch in town mid-week?

• Advertisement

sdraobs wrote: »
    Mr. Coca Cola lives in Naas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa_Coffee

Not him I’m sure, but some “high up” kinda chap :)

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to recommend a plumber/handyman in around Naas/Sallins who would be able to change a kitchen sink tap?

Martin buggy is a local plumber in sallins (086) 170 8598

Killashee hotel? Not directly in th town but good lunch menu.

Graces have a good casual pub menu

Harvest kitchen for a decent sambo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Lock 13 in Sallins is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭McBluffin

Any thoughts on the new Oak Park development out by Ballymore road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Anyone with Virgin Media issues today

Tesco on Monread Rd, does it close at 10pm or midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Tesco on Monread Rd, does it close at 10pm or midnight?

Midnight 7 days a week as far as I know...

Harvest kitchen for a decent sambo
    +1 for HK

• Advertisement

Anyone with Virgin Media issues today

every day for the last 6-7 weeks
    wrecking my head

Advertisement