Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Does Tesco not close at 10?

Siblings is a great cafe, get the chicken wings!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

beertons wrote: »
    Does Tesco not close at 10?

The one at the Maxol Garage does I think, but the Monread one is Midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Tesco extra Naas closes at 12 midnight every night - except for bank hols - that’s caught me a couple of times. It can close at 9 or something near a bank hol.

I see that it’s planning permission for a Camile Thai there beside subway at the Monread centre. Still sorry to see that the fish shop didn’t work out, but happy to see that Camile Thai is to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Hi Naaser,
    Any good tailor for leather jacket that can refer here?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

anywhere I can get sheets of 8' x 4' mdf preferably 18mm thick in the town that will deliver?

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    anywhere I can get sheets of 8' x 4' mdf preferably 18mm thick in the town that will deliver?

The carpentry store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Probably Brennan’s hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

anyone recommend a good sunday carvery in Naas or surrounding area. i went to Palmerstown house. for 13.50 euro, it was average and portion a bit small.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

sdraobs wrote: »
    anyone recommend a good sunday carvery in Naas or surrounding area. i went to Palmerstown house. for 13.50 euro, it was average and portion a bit small.

Was in Lawlor's a few weeks back, and it was good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

If you are willing to drive into the country 10-15mins, Cookes or Carragh is nice as is the Inn at Miltown.

• Advertisement

Aye, lawlors or 33 south main.

Surprised at the portion being small in Palmerstown, I'd have a big appetite, and I struggled to finish it last time.

thanks, ill give Cookes, Lawlors and 33 south main street a go.

Surprised at the portion being small in Palmerstown, I'd have a big appetite, and I struggled to finish it last time.

perhaps it comes down to the behest of the server.

perhaps it comes down to the behest of the server.

I am a bit of a plamauser I suppose.

Has St David's family fun day been on yet? Can't find anything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Regarding the feeder bus from Naas to the train station, I see that it goes from Poplar Sq around 6.30, 7 and 7.30... according to the latest timetable anyway, does it stop anywhere along the sallins road? I'm in Monread, close to the junction with Sallins road.

Thanks
    edson

The Monread Lodge is decent (not been on a Sunday though!), as are the Johnstown Inn and The Dew Drop in Kill... short drives away

edson wrote: »
    The Monread Lodge is decent (not been on a Sunday though!), as are the Johnstown Inn and The Dew Drop in Kill... short drives away

thanks Edson. Ill add them to the list. After I go through them all, ill bore people with a post ranking them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Regarding the feeder bus from Naas to the train station, I see that it goes from Poplar Sq around 6.30, 7 and 7.30... according to the latest timetable anyway, does it stop anywhere along the sallins road? I'm in Monread, close to the junction with Sallins road.

Thanks
    edson

It stops for anyone on the Sallins Road who sticks out their hand.This makes it pretty infuriating if you're stuck behind it in the morning as it sometimes stops every couple of seconds.Designated stops would be nice.

Information on the times and route seem to be on a need to know basis,the only way I could find out information about it was to download the PDF timetable from Irish Rail,the services the bus connects with are indicated there.All in all it's a bizarre setup.

It stops for anyone on the Sallins Road who sticks out their hand.This makes it pretty infuriating if you're stuck behind it in the morning as it sometimes stops every couple of seconds.Designated stops would be nice.

Information on the times and route seem to be on a need to know basis,the only way I could find out information about it was to download the PDF timetable from Irish Rail,the services the bus connects with are indicated there.All in all it's a bizarre setup.

I dont know your circumstances,and maybe you have good reasons for needing the bus. But since you are in monread, would you just walk to Sallins train station. Its probably about 20 min each way. ive heard stories of it just missing trains and people rushing out of the bus. If i got a 20 minute walk twice a day, i wouldnt feel the need to get my backside off the couch to go for a walk in the evenings anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info, I'll try that early enough some morning and let ya know!

I dont know your circumstances,and maybe you have good reasons for needing the bus. But since you are in monread, would you just walk to Sallins train station. Its probably about 20 min each way. ive heard stories of it just missing trains and people rushing out of the bus. If i got a 20 minute walk twice a day, i wouldnt feel the need to get my backside off the couch to go for a walk in the evenings anyway.

Google tells me it would take around 30 mins from my house, and that's walking straight across the park. I will try do that as well, but don't like to be too sweaty going into work! Also, I'm not an early bird so driving there is out as the car park would be full.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Google tells me it would take around 30 mins from my house, and that's walking straight across the park. I will try do that as well, but don't like to be too sweaty going into work! Also, I'm not an early bird so driving there is out as the car park would be full.

yeah that sounds fair enough. i was thinking of the monread entrance at scoil bhride/Maxol (maybe this is oldtown). South of the park is a bit far.

in case you havent thought of it, ive seen people on electric scooters, and a foldable bikes. though alot of effort. plus its easy to say walk now we are in sunny weather. as opposed to wet cold novembers.

yeah that sounds fair enough. i was thinking of the monread entrance at scoil bhride/Maxol (maybe this is oldtown). South of the park is a bit far.

in case you havent thought of it, ive seen people on electric scooters, and a foldable bikes. though alot of effort. plus its easy to say walk now we are in sunny weather. as opposed to wet cold novembers.

I was actually thinking of those as well, especially the foldable type, do you know anything about those? I could just get a runabout bike as well!

Edit: the foldable scooter types i mean, i believe there is such a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Has St David's family fun day been on yet? Can't find anything online.

I don't believe it it happening this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Jownstown Inn has never disappointed me
    I wouldn't normally be one for a carvery as I usually order off the menu but food & service has always been good and its a nice walk if the weather is good aswell

DaveD wrote: »
    I don't believe it it happening this year

No way. Ah that's so disappointing.

Apparently so, like Glastonbury, they need a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 arbrahul

Hi All, I live in South Dublin and work in Sandyford. I am Planning to buy a house and found Oak Park Naas very attractive. Anyone driving from Naas to Sandyford three times a week? My work is a bit flexible and I can do times like 10 to 7 and work from home a couple of days a week etc. However a bit concerned about my wife as well, she is not working right now, but planning to do her Masters and go back to work, probably teaching.

I am looking for info on:

1. Oak Park, the new estate, its location, accessibility, etc.
    2. Actual driving times from Naas.
    3. Possibilities of finding work, particularly teaching.
    4. Antisocial behaviour in Naas
    5. Getting to Dublin City centre on a regular basis - Actual time the bus takes - The timetables show that it takes about an hour. But is it real at let's say 8:00 AM in the morning?

please point out any other threads or pointers as well. I do not know much about the town and area. Thanks a lot.

• Advertisement

arbrahul wrote: »
    Hi All, I live in South Dublin and work in Sandyford. I am Planning to buy a house and found Oak Park Naas very attractive. Anyone driving from Naas to Sandyford three times a week? My work is a bit flexible and I can do times like 10 to 7 and work from home a couple of days a week etc. However a bit concerned about my wife as well, she is not working right now, but planning to do her Masters and go back to work, probably teaching.

I am looking for info on:

1. Oak Park, the new estate, its location, accessibility, etc.
    2. Actual driving times from Naas.
    3. Possibilities of finding work, particularly teaching.
    4. Antisocial behaviour in Naas
    5. Getting to Dublin City centre on a regular basis - Actual time the bus takes - The timetables show that it takes about an hour. But is it real at let's say 8:00 AM in the morning?

please point out any other threads or pointers as well. I do not know much about the town and area. Thanks a lot.

Hi abrahul,

I used to work in Sandyford Industrial Estate! My job there was also flexible and i used to leave home in Monread area around 9 and get into work around 9.35, so if you leave around 8.45 - 9 it generally takes that time to get in. I have 2 kids so used always leave at 4 or before, unless i didn't need to collect them, when i'd work til 6 or so. Leaving Dublin at that time (6) is also fine, takes no more than 40 mins to get home normally, so if you leave later you could be down in 30 - 35 mins.

Don't know Oak Park, just that it might take an extra 5 mins in travel given where it is.

Don't know much about the buses either, but there are trains also. I'm sure some others will reply here to give you some more info!

edson.

Advertisement