Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

https://completebathroomsolutions.ie/ did ours and would definitely recommend.

Would anyone be able to recommend a good driving instructor. We tried the Aviva package a few years ago, while being great value it was very difficult to schedule lessons.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Would anyone be able to recommend a good driving instructor. We tried the Aviva package a few years ago, while being great value it was very difficult to schedule lessons.

Ring for Ann Peacham, at EDS training solutions, formerly Naas school of motoring.

Where's the best pub to watch the hurling Sunday afternoon?

What did you think of the hurling? Saw none of the first game, but the Wexford one was exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Hi, would anybody be able to recommend a piano teacher in Naas that will come to your house? Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

beertons wrote: »
    What did you think of the hurling? Saw none of the first game, but the Wexford one was exciting.

Hurling was good, great win for wexford, didn't end up going to haydens as didn't want to risk it not being on.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hi, would anybody be able to recommend a piano teacher in Naas that will come to your house? Thank you :)

Not sure if they do house visits, but Ceola in sallins recently opened. Give them a call and see

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Would anyone know someone in the area who would be able to make cushion covers? It’s for an outdoor sofa so using waterproof fabric. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

material world on the main street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Would anyone know someone in the area who would be able to make cushion covers? It’s for an outdoor sofa so using waterproof fabric. Thanks

Fabric factory in Newbridge may know someone. Just make sure that the seams are made water proof as there is no point using waterproof material otherwise. There are specific glues and tapes available for this but may be expensive.

Otherwise, not a difficult make.

• Advertisement

eusap wrote: »
    material world on the main street

Thank you. Tried there they don’t do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Thank you. Tried there they don’t do it.

Try the lady in Sew Sew in Monread road, industrial estate opposite Woodies, About three entrances on the left. She teaches sewing, but may know someone. Upholsterers might be your best bet.

wildwillow wrote: »

Try the lady in Sew Sew in Monread road, industrial estate opposite Woodies, About three entrances on the left. She teaches sewing, but may know someone. Upholsterers might be your best bet.

Roz Murphy. I completely forgot about her.

wildwillow wrote: »

Brilliant. I’d forgotten there. Will ask tomorrow. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

See Insomnia are moving in to the old Jolly place. Have to laugh at some of the comments giving out on the Naas Ball Facebook page. Some people would rather see the place left sitting empty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

tempnam wrote: »
    See Insomnia are moving in to the old Jolly place. Have to laugh at some of the comments giving out on the Naas Ball Facebook page. Some people would rather see the place left sitting empty!

I thought it was supposed to be Starbucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

I thought it was supposed to be Starbucks?

Just a rumour. It's been confirmed that it's Insomnia by the auctioneer on their own page / Twitter also

Any word on what's going into the old McDonald's premises?

I heard weatherspoons mentioned, would bring a bit of life back into the town.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

if you stand outside Lawlors hotel, im pretty sure you can see 4 pharmacies.

Have a look at the demographic walking around Naas. I think its mainly older people that live within walking distance of the town. These older people live in houses that were built 50 years ago and can easily walk into town. Young families dont go into naas town as there is no parking and loads of traffic and air pollution and they live in the sprawled housing estates outside the town. why would they go into naas town.

Monread lodge making a killing. A new restaurant going into monread shopping centre.

The only thing to save naas town is to pedestrianise the main street. Would make it an enjoyable experience worth going into. But that will never happen. so if i was a landlord of a naas town premises, id sell it ASAP.

Any word on what's going into the old McDonald's premises?

I heard weatherspoons mentioned, would bring a bit of life back into the town.

I think rustic/macari101 bought it

• Advertisement

In other news Tommy Fletchers was sold for 1.14 million to the owners of the Lemongrass. Interesting to see what the do to the place.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

In other news Tommy Fletchers was sold for 1.14 million to the owners of the Lemongrass. Interesting to see what the do to the place.

Heard they want to turn it into a Costa Coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

that-joke-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mazcon

I heard an applegreen

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

sdraobs wrote: »
    if you stand outside Lawlors hotel, im pretty sure you can see 4 pharmacies.

Have a look at the demographic walking around Naas. I think its mainly older people that live within walking distance of the town. These older people live in houses that were built 50 years ago and can easily walk into town. Young families dont go into naas town as there is no parking and loads of traffic and air pollution and they live in the sprawled housing estates outside the town. why would they go into naas town.

Monread lodge making a killing. A new restaurant going into monread shopping centre.

The only thing to save naas town is to pedestrianise the main street. Would make it an enjoyable experience worth going into. But that will never happen. so if i was a landlord of a naas town premises, id sell it ASAP.

At least two of those pharmacies have the same owner also....

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Planning permission requested for a new coffee shop in the B&Q retail park,

Does Naas have the most number of coffee shops per square mile outside of the major citys?

Does Naas have the most number of coffee shops per square mile outside of the major citys?

Don't know but a place like that needs one.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Don't know but a place like that needs one.

yeah lovely scenic views in that business park to sit and enjoy a coffee. And God forbid that I could go 10 minutes without a caffeine fix while buying paint in B&Q.

21 years ago, the one and only coffee shop in Naas Badburys closed down. How times have changed (I suddenly feel old!)

• Advertisement

21 years ago, the one and only coffee shop in Naas Badburys closed down. How times have changed (I suddenly feel old!)

Where was Badburys?
    I remember Malones (Old McDonalds) and Hanrahans (elverys now).

Advertisement