Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I see there's another new little cafe on Basin Street. Bad Habits it's called. Looks like a nice little place.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

is that a sister cafe to the place in newbridge?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

21 years ago, the one and only coffee shop in Naas Badburys closed down. How times have changed (I suddenly feel old!)

Was that where il fico was?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Hanrahans great place, they had tasty savory rolls. Used to go into the Capri way back for the tasty milky coffee they had a proper Italian coffee machine over 30 years ago. Back then a petrol station was an auld hut, things sure have changed ..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

sdraobs wrote: »
    yeah lovely scenic views in that business park to sit and enjoy a coffee. And God forbid that I could go 10 minutes without a caffeine fix while buying paint in B&Q.

Plenty of people spend more than 10 minutes there, I've spent hours on occasion. The place needs somewhere to go for something to eat or drink. The one in woodies retail park is regularly busy.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Plenty of people spend more than 10 minutes there, I've spent hours on occasion. The place needs somewhere to go for something to eat or drink. The one in woodies retail park is regularly busy.

Yes, the modern phenomenon of people being unable to go more than a couple of hours without tea or coffee continues apace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Cafe's in retail parks can be used as an Adult creche

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

eusap wrote: »
    Planning permission requested for a new coffee shop in the B&Q retail park,

Does Naas have the most number of coffee shops per square mile outside of the major citys?

I wonder if it’ll be a Costa or Starbucks?

My bet is a Costa. The south side of Naas is missing a Costa. They’re all in the north side of the town/Monread.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

It's a Starbucks

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

i will take my bugbear about people's obsession about coffee elsewhere.

There are two elements, somewhere to sit and have a chat or rest is fine and a good thing.

However its the caffeine addiction that has gotten out of control. people queuing for 20 minutes
    for a takeaway coffee to get their caffeine fix is madness.

• Advertisement

i will take my bugbear about people's obsession about coffee elsewhere.

There are two elements, somewhere to sit and have a chat or rest is fine and a good thing.

However its the caffeine addiction that has gotten out of control. people queuing for 20 minutes
    for a takeaway coffee to get their caffeine fix is madness.

Caffeine addiction? Are you serious?

Is everyone in the pub addicted to alcohol?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Caffeine addiction? Are you serious?

Is everyone in the pub addicted to alcohol?
    Obviously not, but when you hear so many people say they are useless/no good before their first coffee of the day, you'd have to wonder. And add to that the huge amount of coffee shops that are around nowadays...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Obviously not, but when you hear so many people say they are useless/no good before their first coffee of the day, you'd have to wonder. And add to that the huge amount of coffee shops that are around nowadays...

Your username removes all credibility from your above post :D

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Your username removes all credibility from your above post :D

no need to get personal.

Some people get very sensitive when the issue of coffee/caffeine addiction arises. Maybe they are afraid to question themselves.

See they are looking to improve the sallins train feeder bus service . i think they just need to advertise it better. its always empty at non-peak times. great service though, drivers are always very friendly. a relief from dublin bus drivers. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

no need to get personal.

Some people get very sensitive when the issue of coffee/caffeine addiction arises. Maybe they are afraid to question themselves.

See they are looking to improve the sallins train feeder bus service . i think they just need to advertise it better. its always empty at non-peak times. great service though, drivers are always very friendly. a relief from dublin bus drivers. :P

There's talk of a shop that may also sell coffees, teas, and an assortment of other hot & cold drinks going into the old key cutters in the car park beside the Sallins train station, hopefully this doesnt upset anyone who gets very sensitive about the issue of coffee shops.

maybe they could sell coffees onboard the feeder bus. driver could operate a coffee machine beside the steering wheel.

k-leisure or gymplus. they will have a coffee kiosk poolside at k-leisure or gym plus.

Boards could set up a local internet cafe in naas, that could sell coffee.

oh i crack myself up sometimes, even if i am not making others laugh. im going to get barred for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Hey
    any news about Dunnes at Naas? it is a shame i have to drive to NB to spent my 10 euro off 50 each week, and two SV are tiny as well.

This coffee malarkey has to stop.

Well I never thought I'd see the like. And what next? Somebody will be murdered, and then where are we. Drive by shootings in the night,it'll be like boys in the hood. And then they'll have hoes selling their wares in the middle of the street and the pimps will be using the coffee to keep the whores under control.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

....... when you hear so many people say they are useless/no good before their first coffee of the day, you'd have to wonder. .............

They're equally useless after it I reckon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Heard Dunnes will have a cafe in store

Too far???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Dunnes in Naas will only have 60 car parking spots apparently. I guess will only get a spot at 1 min to closing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Dunnes in Naas will only have 60 car parking spots apparently. I guess will only get a spot at 1 min to closing time.

They should have put in an underground lot

jaffa20 wrote: »

Wonder if this is this going to be a traffic black spot with the entry/exit at Richie Whelans Mens Wear.

I thought it would be good for DS clothes. But for groceries, it will be less hassle to go to monread shopping centre or lidl/aldi in south naas.

Wonder if this is this going to be a traffic black spot with the entry/exit at Richie Whelans Mens Wear. ................

Will they get a traffic light ?
    If not you'd be a while getting out if turning right I imagine.
    Tiny car park though so might be ok ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

That building is probably less than half the size of newbridge, so i think people will use it for convenience. Would be difficult to choose it over the tesco for a weekly shop

you2008 wrote: »
    Hey
    any news about Dunnes at Naas? it is a shame i have to drive to NB to spent my 10 euro off 50 each week, and two SV are tiny as well.

Instead of driving to dunnes just shop in Aldi and turn that 50 into 30.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Have Dunne's said if it's going to be a clothes or food dept?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Food only

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

Wonder if this is this going to be a traffic black spot with the entry/exit at Richie Whelans Mens Wear.

I thought it would be good for DS clothes. But for groceries, it will be less hassle to go to monread shopping centre or lidl/aldi in south naas.

I find the location of that Dunnes Stores bizarre. Naas’ traffic is just going to worsen with that, coupled with these hundreds, if not 1000’s, of houses planned. Between BusConnects (and new fare system), MetroLink, DART underground, and the Kildare line DART expansion, Naas benefits from none of these and I have not seen any evidence of comprehensive plans to improve Naas’ transport infrastructure. Even the new 139 isn’t subject to Leap card caps and doesn’t allow for movement around the Naas area, Sallins and Clane. There seems to be nobody interested in providing public transport in Naas- the traffic will only worsen. The location of that Dunnes is actually so dumb. /rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Instead of driving to dunnes just shop in Aldi and turn that 50 into 30.

Count yourselves fortunate to have an Aldi in Naas. 10 Kim’s down the road, we are still Aldiless, even though their warehouse, is up there in Naas.

Advertisement