Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Anywhere selling Xmas trees yet? (Real ones)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

IrishZeus wrote: »

Sallins road, down by Craddockstown. And swans on the green selling them too.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Ate in The Monread last night. Christ the food has gone downhill big time

Food should be sorted in the Monread now. I showed the head chef a pic of what was said here. He's based else where, but went down and had it out with the guys that work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I see there is a Xmas market going on the 15th up at Merlin auctions.

Saw a leaflet and apparently 30 stalls plus a visit from Mr Claus himself. Might be worth a look.

Anyone been before?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

SuperValu Sallins , seem to have decent stock too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Whelan's are in Maynooth since Saturday so I'd presume their Naas operation is up too. Think its Tesco Monread they're at.

Picked one up last night at the turn off to canal, at the Naas Historic trail. Full selection there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I wouldn’t eat in the Monread again
    I’d probably choose McD and that’s saying something considering I haven’t been in one of those for nearly 15yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Monread Lodge?

I've never had a bad meal there and their desserts are savage.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

Does anyone here have any thoughts on kildaragh used car centre? I saw a car I liked but to be honest I wouldn't be able to tell if the finer workings are good or not. I don't see really any reviews online about them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

owen85 wrote: »
    Does anyone here have any thoughts on kildaragh used car centre? I saw a car I liked but to be honest I wouldn't be able to tell if the finer workings are good or not. I don't see really any reviews online about them

Seem to have quality stock and a good reputation.
    I know people that have bought there and no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

owen85 wrote: »

I bought my current car there. I would be happy to recommend the place.

What are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

thanks lads, anyone else with good or bar stories i would like to hear.
    sen you a pm mistersifter

anyone tried Gastro 101 yet?
    Went last night and was very underwhelmed

The burgers were decent enough but I wont be rushing back
    Struggling to find a few decent restaurants now in the town

Mayur went downhill and I go to Johnstown for my Chinese eat in and Peony for takeway

If I want to go for something special, I only hit Bouchon or out to the Brown Bear
    Used to like trax but that seemed to get average for me

Its like the recession is over and quality can drop cos the people are out spending again

If they want to survive, then they will need to up it or come the next recession which we are heading towards in the next couple years only the really good ones will last

Anyone know what the construction on the Johnstown road is? Around the corner from the garden centre

Anyone know what the construction on the Johnstown road is? Around the corner from the garden centre

Is that where the fire in the dump was?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Plur has excellent pizza
    Lex Luthor wrote: »

Mayur went downhill and I go to Johnstown for my Chinese eat in and Peony for takeway

If I want to go for something special, I only hit Bouchon or out to the Brown Bear

Its like the recession is over and quality can drop cos the people are out spending again

If they want to survive, then they will need to up it or come the next recession which we are heading towards in the next couple years only the really good ones will last

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

That’s all to do with the kerdiffstown dump.
    Kerdiffstown landfill remediation project - make it into a nice park etc. If you google kerdiffstown you’ll find stuff about the planning of it.
    The current roadworks are this: https://kfmradio.com/news/18112019-0803/6-month-project-realign-road-kerdiffstown-landfill-naas-begins-today
    Over 5 months left of the temp lights I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Lex Luthor wrote: »

We like lock 13 and two cooks in Sallins also 33 main Street in Naas although haven't been there in a couple of months

Ate in 33 last night. Food still awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

We also love 2 Cooks, and Lock 13 is a handy casual local with nice beers and good kids' meals. Have to say though, IMO the Dew Drop beats all the other pubs around for food by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

The decor and stafff are very nice in Butt Mullins. Shame about the quality of the food. Though understandable with the Early Bird being priced low.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The decor and stafff are very nice in Butt Mullins. Shame about the quality of the food. Though understandable with the Early Bird being priced low.

Really? I find Butt Mullins delicious. Early bird is great value too.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Really? I find Butt Mullins delicious. Early bird is great value too.

A chef friend of mine says their pavlova is unreal. Shame I'm not a big dessert fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Maybe i got a bad day in BMs as i havent heard anyone else say anything negative. only time i went. im not even fussy with food. as i said its a nice relaxed feel to the place and waiting staff were nice.

Sorry to change topic, but anyone know muuh about 126 busfrom naas into dublin ,what the fare is and if they take leap and if the timetable is reliable. tks.

Been to 33 a few times
    Great wings

Maybe i got a bad day in BMs as i havent heard anyone else say anything negative. only time i went. im not even fussy with food. as i said its a nice relaxed feel to the place and waiting staff were nice.

Sorry to change topic, but anyone know muuh about 126 busfrom naas into dublin ,what the fare is and if they take leap and if the timetable is reliable. tks.

126 take Leap Card and it's under €7 - can't remember exact figure. It's €8+ if paying by cash. Timetable can be a bit iffy due to traffic in Newbridge and Naas, sometimes it's on time but other times I have waited 20 mins.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 470 ✭✭TetraSonic55

€5.39 with leap. €7.70 with cash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Bridgewater inn in sallins have really up’d their game. For a couple of years it went great but have been there 3 or 4 times in the last few months and the standard is really good imo

• Advertisement

Some nice late night changes to the timetable

https://twitter.com/TFIupdates/status/1204757749269221376?s=19

Advertisement