Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Aidan Kinsella of AK Gas & Oil Services
    086 2428740
    He's in Ballymore Eustace.

Aidan Kinsella of AK Gas & Oil Services
    086 2428740
    He's in Ballymore Eustace.

He's actually the lad on some of the older Bord Gais tv ads that calls to the house to do the servicing, but he is a legit boiler servicer aswell..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

All these plumbers reputable for gas boiler servicing? Time of year again for me.

Clane Gas Services;

http://www.rgii.ie/home/clane-gas-services.3355.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Stephen ward, Kildare Plumbing and Heating based in kilcullen. 0860284800 http://www.kildareplumbing.ie/

Excellent plumber and a good guy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Have been to the fishmongers at Tesco, both times it was fab. Last day I was in, they were giving out half a dozen eggs with every purchase. I only spent 6 quid, thought it was a great touch.

Is there a new restaurant down the town? Open since Christmas, on one of the side roads. I thought I saw something new, but I was driving and couldn't get a good look. Now I could have been imagining it altogether, but someone might shed some light on it.

• Advertisement

has Tenors been taken over? new name over door?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    has Tenors been taken over? new name over door?

Yeah been changed a while now. Same good food though !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The fishmongers at Tesco is well worth a visit IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Lotta love for fishmongers on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Hey folks.
    Looking for a cleaner to drop in for a couple of hours every week or two to hover/mop and take care of the place. Someone to clean the bathrooms and change beds etc.
    Can anyone make a recommendation? Living on the Newbridge road coming out of Naas.

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Wok inn on wolfe tone street closed this evening i see. Is this permanent i wonder? Ordered there a few times. Thought it wasn't bad..

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Hey folks.
    Looking for a cleaner to drop in for a couple of hours every week or two to hover/mop and take care of the place. Someone to clean the bathrooms and change beds etc.
    Can anyone make a recommendation? Living on the Newbridge road coming out of Naas.

Thanks in advance!

Have a look on the notice board in supervalue, might be luckier to get someone up that side of the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Any update on the Roundabout?

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Any update on the Roundabout?

They are getting there with it, resurfacing is almost done and road markings on a couple of the exits now

Trying out the new restaurant Two Cooks in Sallins for the birthday next week. Will report back. The premises they have have refurb'd is known as the unit of death, so many businesses have failed there. Would really like these guys to succeed though

Trying out the new restaurant Two Cooks in Sallins for the birthday next week. Will report back. The premises they have have refurb'd is known as the unit of death, so many businesses have failed there. Would really like these guys to succeed though

Where's that?

beertons wrote: »
    Where's that?

Naas side of the canal, Directly opposite lock 13. Beside estate agent

Seen on AGS twitter last night that a 24 year old female learner driver stopped at checkpoint in Naas and found to be 6 times over the alcohol limit. Naas court on Mar 2nd.
    With the amount of Garda checkpoints in Naas, I would be afraid to drive after a slice of Christmas cake.

Seen on AGS twitter last night that a 24 year old female learner driver stopped at checkpoint in Naas and found to be 6 times over the alcohol limit. Naas court on Mar 2nd.
    With the amount of Garda checkpoints in Naas, I would be afraid to drive after a slice of Christmas cake.

Good enough for her.

I wouldn't be able to unlock the car, if I was at the same limit as her.

I've never seen a checkpoint in naas ! Where do they put them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Six times the "Learner limit", which would be 1.20mg, which is .40mg or 50% over the Full drivers limit...still illegal but not quite so sensational

Seridisand wrote: »
    Six times the "Learner limit", which would be 1.20mg, which is .40mg or 50% over the Full drivers limit...still illegal but not quite so sensational

Doesn't sound too bad since you put it like that. I still wouldn't risk it though.

Did anyone see the farmers market on the 9pm news last week? I missed it.

I've never seen a checkpoint in naas ! Where do they put them ?

I live in Kerdiff and they seem to always have a checkpoint just after Aylmer on the way into the estate. Always late night or early morning.

I live in Kerdiff and they seem to always have a checkpoint just after Aylmer on the way into the estate. Always late night or early morning.

That explains it. I'd be in my leaba!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Seridisand wrote: »

The standard limit is actually .50, so she was still at more than double the limit.

Doesn't sound too bad since you put it like that. I still wouldn't risk it though.

Did anyone see the farmers market on the 9pm news last week? I missed it.

What was the market on the news for?

What was the market on the news for?

Ah it was one of those support local clips. I don't know if you've ever been, but it's quiet good. There's a great little community down there, a mix of all people. T'was quiet enough down there last Saturday with the rain, but when it's a clear morning, they come from miles away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Ah it was one of those support local clips. I don't know if you've ever been, but it's quiet good. There's a great little community down there, a mix of all people. T'was quiet enough down there last Saturday with the rain, but when it's a clear morning, they come from miles away.

I haven't been down to the Market yet, Is there anything that really stands out down there?

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    I haven't been down to the Market yet, Is there anything that really stands out down there?

Depends on what you like. I bought a fair bit down there on Saturday, sausages, olives, boquerones, chocolate lollipops, gingerbread men, a smoothie, and a beef curry. I usually get jam there too, but blew the budget on everything else.

There's a toilet down there too, so don't think you have to make it back to Lawlors to go.

• Advertisement

Depends on what you like. I bought a fair bit down there on Saturday, sausages, olives, boquerones, chocolate lollipops, gingerbread men, a smoothie, and a beef curry. I usually get jam there too, but blew the budget on everything else.

There's a toilet down there too, so don't think you have to make it back to Lawlors to go.

Yeah I go there every so often, nice way to spend the morning and buy local. I generally just take a €20 note with me and we get a coffee, snack and something small. Made some lovely homemade pizza with olives, mozerella and chorizo from the stall there. I like the atmosphere, you're not going down for your weeks shop, but a nice treat

Advertisement