Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

I'd say taxi men stay out much later than you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

im not trying to be stingy here, but i was wondering if people get taxis home from dublin off the books?

To explain, ive noticed a good few dublin taxis in driveways beside me in naas. If i was to say to those drivers, if im in dublin late on a saturday night, can i get a lift back to naas when they are finishing their shift and heading home. And instead of say 70 euro which is what the meter would be, id give them 40 cash. the benefit for them is that they are going home anyway and the driver decides what time they are finishing in Dublin. so its more they are giving a 'neighbour' a lift. Wonder what would happen if the guards stopped them.

ive heard this being done before in the country. just wondering if this is a thing

ask them - I used to have 2 that I used back in the day that I'd go to Dublin for a night out.

Different taxis work different hours, so you may find some that are finishing at 2am, others at 4am and many will be glad of an easy fare at a discounted rate.

It's not necessarily "off the books", they can charge any fare once they don't charge over the regulated level so there's no issue with anything from that perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

silver2020 wrote: »
    ask them - I used to have 2 that I used back in the day that I'd go to Dublin for a night out.

Different taxis work different hours, so you may find some that are finishing at 2am, others at 4am and many will be glad of an easy fare at a discounted rate.

It's not necessarily "off the books", they can charge any fare once they don't charge over the regulated level so there's no issue with anything from that perspective.

ah great, thanks for that. i was unsure about asking them as i wasnt sure if this was a thing and didnt want to insult them by asking to do it less than the full fare.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Stick a 50 in your hand and walk down a line of taxi's. That's what we used to do, eventually one of them says yes. Make sure you give them your address, as they might add on from the ball if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

ticn99 wrote: »
    Bogwoppit & silver2020...can you state your Telecoms and Radiation background expertise?

Be nice to know how much you really know about 3-4G versus 5G and what the gain to Naas would be by having this technology...

I don't need expertise as I can rely on the World Health Organization and their very extensive research.

Did you know that 5g emits less radiation than 4g and that not one case of harm caused by 4g has been recorded anywhere in the world.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48616174

But some people will use scare mongering tactics to incite less educated people to be fearful.

Anyone for a pickled onion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Darc19 wrote: »
    I don't need expertise as I can rely on the World Health Organization and their very extensive research.

Did you know that 5g emits less radiation than 4g and that not one case of harm caused by 4g has been recorded anywhere in the world.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48616174

But some people will use scare mongering tactics to incite less educated people to be fearful.

Anyone for a pickled onion?

just because it hasnt been recorded, doesnt mean 5g/4g doesnt cause damage. 4g is about, what 10 years old. thats too soon to tell. people have can have tumours growing in them for years without being diagnosed.

i dont think any hospitals in irealnd have recorded deaths due to diesel fumes from cars. That doesnt make it safe.

Your arrogance astounds me. just because you moan about not having 5G doesnt mean you have to put people, mainly kids playing tennis in harms way.
    May i suggest you put a 5g antenna where the sun dont shine and see what happens to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

just because it hasnt been recorded, doesnt mean 5g/4g doesnt cause damage. 4g is about, what 10 years old. thats too soon to tell. people have can have tumours growing in them for years without being diagnosed.

i dont think any hospitals in irealnd have recorded deaths due to diesel fumes from cars. That doesnt make it safe.

The age old prove me wrong cause I can't prove myself right approach!

Your arrogance astounds me. just because you moan about not having 5G doesnt mean you have to put people, mainly kids playing tennis in harms way.
    May i suggest you put a 5g antenna where the sun dont shine and see what happens to you.

3g is almost 20 years old - similar technology to 4g & 5g. Not one case worldwide of any health issue.

But here's a laugh - the usual protestors were out in waterford back in sept for a 5g mast (many of same protesters that were at water protests). When they dispersed there were hundreds cigarette butts on the ground - the most damaging of cancer substances that kills tens of thousands each year!

Rather ironic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Billions of people have been exposed to it 24/365 for the last 10-20 years, if there was even the slightest hint of an issue it would be well flagged by now.

Take your insults elsewhere you troglodyte.

Lovely vibe at the farmers market this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Where would one go about buying an aeropress in Naas or the surrounding area? Not in Argos anyway.

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Where would one go about buying an aeropress in Naas or the surrounding area? Not in Argos anyway.

Try VDA coffee shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

beertons wrote: »
    Lovely vibe at the farmers market this morning.

Back on today, 11-4pm.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Back on today, 11-4pm.

I think that's the Moat Theatre's Christmas one. Different vendor's. They were all happy yesterday, looking forward to the 2 week break.

TK Maxx in Newbridge - they had a good few

Barely made it back from work for today's fair. They were actually packing up as I got in. But I got a few nice decorations and candles. And a little jar of unicorn dust for the little one.

beertons wrote: »
    Barely made it back from work for today's fair. They were actually packing up as I got in. But I got a few nice decorations and candles. And a little jar of unicorn dust for the little one.

Its on tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 The Helpful Engineer

I bought one last week in Bad Habits in Basin Street, he threw in a bag of their own ground coffee as part of the deal as well (it's a finer grind for the aero press).

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Anyone know if operation transformation is on in the rugby club in January?

I bought one last week in Bad Habits in Basin Street, he threw in a bag of their own ground coffee as part of the deal as well (it's a finer grind for the aero press).

How much are they selling the aeropress for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Happy Christmas one and all!
    Just wondering if the GOAL mile is on in the GAA or Monread park? Sign says GAA but heard otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

gar wrote: »
    Happy Christmas one and all!
    Just wondering if the GOAL mile is on in the GAA or Monread park? Sign says GAA but heard otherwise

https://twitter.com/NaasGAA/status/1209585893696294912

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jamfer

luppy wrote: »
    Anyone know if operation transformation is on in the rugby club in January?

They are - begins January 8th with meeting in clubhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

hi Folks, looks like CIE aren't running tonight. Are there any late night bus services running tonight at about 12:45am from town?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Luas to red cow and then Dublin Coach (green bus - runs 24/7) from there to Naas. I think it's operating as normal tonight but check their website.

JJ Kavanagh (737 ?) service also runs direct from town. Last one leaves 12.30 ish - again, check website to confirm.

There’d be no where to get haircut at this hour in naas? I’m guessing not but asking just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

There’d be no where to get haircut at this hour in naas? I’m guessing not but asking just in case.

I think Hawk and blade on main street is open until 7.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Try Boston Barbers up beside Tesco Extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sheila4

siochain wrote: »
    hi Folks, looks like CIE aren't running tonight. Are there any late night bus services running tonight at about 12:45am from town?

Go Ahead are running a Saturday service today so there should be a bus from Wellington Quay at about 00.10 and 01.10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Can anyone recommend somewhere around Naas to get a massage? Thanks

Advertisement