Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driftwood for freshwater tank

Options
  • 05-04-2015 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get my hands on some driftwood for my tank. Think it would add to the aesthetics of the tank but more importantly it's a natural way of reducing the pH which is a bit high for my liking.

Has anyone here picked up driftwood online? Where would be the best place for it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've gotten some beautiful pieces in Seahorse Aquariums. I like to see it in person so I can be sure of suitability and size.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kettlebelljim

kylith wrote: »
    I've gotten some beautiful pieces in Seahorse Aquariums. I like to see it in person so I can be sure of suitability and size.

They don't have as much in the Galway branch but it is well laid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You could try the shop in the Atlantaquarium in Galway?

Sleepy wrote: »
    You could try the shop in the Atlantaquarium in Galway?

Never thought of that, I'll be in Salthill on Tuesday, weather permitting, definitely pop in there!

Nice one

Never thought of that, I'll be in Salthill on Tuesday, weather permitting, definitely pop in there!

Nice one

Picked up a lovely piece in Salthill this morning. Sitting in a bucket of water now to try draw some of the tannins out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

just out of interest, the tannins obbiousy make the water look dark and dirty etc but do they cause any problems with water quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

They shouldn't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think they make it mildly acidic?

Advertisement