Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

da vinci bike

• 05-04-2015 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9

Hi there, I was wondering has anyone any experience with the da vinci 1203 road bike ? I am looking for a bike to start of with and this seems a good spec bike for the money,but I can't see any reviews on it .it's for sale at Gallagher cycles for 449.
    or if you have any other recommendations for around the same money . Thanks niall :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 kyubi

Anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's a crude cheap bike with very low spec components and is heavy and expensive for what it is.

Go to a "proper" bike shop and spend your money, that seller isn't a bike shop per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Adig88

I have a Da Vinci dv1203 purchased from Gallagher cycles. It's a lot lighter than my mates trek 1.1. The wheels are also very light. The gear change is very smooth. The guys in the club couldn't beleave how much I paid for this bike as it is decent spec for the price. In my opinion I would go for it as you won't get any better than this for €450 without spending a fortune and maybe not stick at the sport. Delivery was fast and the bike arrived fully assembled apart from the front wheel. I also got a free light set and look delta pedals. I would highly recommend this company and in particular this bike while the offer lasts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 kyubi

Thanks for the replys :) Mmmmhhh two conflicting reports ! I'm not sure what to do now . Anyone else with any experience with this bike or recommendations for other bikes, I could possibly push the budget to 700 euro .Thanks niall

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Adig88

Why don't you give them a call. They are very helpful and know their stuff. I was swayed towards the viking Monaco as it was reduced by €300 and was going to take it on the bike to work scheme as it was a around €700 but I went for the da vinci to save a few pound and if I like it i always have the cycle to work scheme to get a good upgrade. That viking one does look a fine bicycle with good components but I'm not sure that one is still on offer with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement