Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeping cat - want to do?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

One of mine is very "meepy". He comes for a gossip and a chat when he comes in the catflap. I chat back, Meep! Hi, where have you been? Meep! Meep, meep! I get all the news.

He likes chatting. I think it's important to acknowledge his effort to talk to me.

The BBC programme on cats last year said that some cats realise that humans talk all the time and they decide to "talk" back. Mostly cats are silent so it's very much a way of connecting with their human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We thought we had solved it by leaving a lamp and the radio on, which worked for a good few weeks. Then we got a one off meep on the landing, followed by her getting into bed with us for about two weeks. Now we are getting her Meeping on the landing from 4am... She will come snuggle for a while, then she will go into the landing again and start Meeping, and then we'll call her, and she will come back to snuggle - around we go in a game until 7ish when we get up. This has been going on since Tuesday, and my exams start in a week. I think she needs sleeping pills :|

Advertisement