Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shopping for girls >5'11? Where do you all girls get your stuff?

• 05-04-2015 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

My girlfriend is new to Ireland and bang on 6'0. She finds it hard to buy shoes/clothes that fit. Is there any tall girls on here who can give m some tips that I can pass on to her? She used to shop in a place called Long Tall Sally in London when she lived there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Most clothing for taller women is only available online now, but alot of the high street stores have a 'deliver to store' option which could be helpful.
    Dorothy Perkins and New Look do 'tall' collections in their larger stores and online (or at least, a couple of years ago they had stuff in their larger stores - I haven't noticed them in a while).
    Topshop have a good range of jeans lengths for tall women (up to 36" inside leg as far as I remember).
    M&S have some longer length trousers and jeans (although some of them are awful).
    Penney's sometimes have 34" inside leg jeans.
    Next and Littlewoods http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/women/tall/e/b/1589,22218.end have 'Tall' ranges but again you're looking at online shopping/mail order, although at least with Littlewoods you've got free delivery and returns.
    Mango stuff was always way too long for me (I'm 5'4) but I'm not sure if it's still available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Banana republic and Gap online. What size shoe is she? I've managed to grab 2 pairs on Nine West size 9s on sale (€25 and €32) in House of Fraser since Christmas. One pair in store and one online with free store delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Long Tall Sally occasionally do 'pop-ups' in Dublin, there was one in Blanchardstown in March. You might be able to get something on their website?

http://eu.longtallsally.com/tall/pop-up-stores/ireland/dublin-2015

I'm a shorty myself, but I work with a girl who is 6 foot, so can understand!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dee_mc wrote: »
    Most clothing for taller women is only available online now, but alot of the high street stores have a 'deliver to store' option which could be helpful.
    Dorothy Perkins and New Look do 'tall' collections in their larger stores and online (or at least, a couple of years ago they had stuff in their larger stores - I haven't noticed them in a while).
    Topshop have a good range of jeans lengths for tall women (up to 36" inside leg as far as I remember).
    M&S have some longer length trousers and jeans (although some of them are awful).
    Penney's sometimes have 34" inside leg jeans.
    Next and Littlewoods http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/women/tall/e/b/1589,22218.end have 'Tall' ranges but again you're looking at online shopping/mail order, although at least with Littlewoods you've got free delivery and returns.
    Mango stuff was always way too long for me (I'm 5'4) but I'm not sure if it's still available.

I'm a 34 inside leg in my socks and agree with all of the above with the exception of m and a.

For workwear I find Jaeger and lk bennet have long trousers and I usually get a false hem put on them to increase the inside leg to 35 inches. French connection can also be good. All of the above three are expensive so I wait until they have clearance sales in the likes of kildare village or the outlet in banbridge and go on spree then. For jeans there is also a seven for all mankind shop in kildare who do long jeans

Advertisement