Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lump Sum Mortgage

Options
  • 05-04-2015 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Does anyone know of a mortgage that you can lodge in lump sums without being charged.

I am looking to buy a house for around 130k, I have about 100k in cash, so looking for a mortgage of about 40 - 50k.

Without the outlay of rent and my current wage staying as it is I should be able to pay off the 50k mortgage in about 5 years.

I am looking for a mortgage that will allow me to pay off quickly in lump sums, but still have monthly repayments over 30 years just incase I lose my job.

Does such a product exist?

I want to buy now, as I am in my current role 10 years, got married etc and plan on staying in the area for life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

As long as you're on a variable rate, there shouldn't be charges for paying lump sums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

As long as you're on a variable rate, there shouldn't be charges for paying lump sums.

Thanks didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah any variable rate. I do it the odd time.

You might also be able to do it on a fixed but would need to read the T&C carefully, or check with the bank.

Advertisement