Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gleasnotai sraith pictiurs

• 05-04-2015 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

So, im getting stuck into the sraith pictures, have the first 6 learnt off but they are the most demoralising things i have ever done. If i was to learn off the gleasnotaí notes on them, leaving a sentence out here and there, what grade would they be worth. Not including the questions so we will say out of 60 marks how much would the gleasnotai samples get?

yes i know all examiners are different and will give different marks.
    yes i know all the pictures are of different quality but i am just looking for an average.
    yes I know i should make my own rather than copying others.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

4 lines each picture for top marks. You could say 2 for one, and then 6 for another so that would make up for that, if you felt you were running out of things to say in a picture.
    2 sentences each pic (what my Irish teacher tell me) is a D grade. Pass.
    There's no need to go writing your own stories. It will make things easier for you though to change around the more fussy Irish sentences in to things you know you can say correctly.
    If you manage 3 things a picture, then I guess 18/24 marks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

4 lines each picture for top marks. You could say 2 for one, and then 6 for another so that would make up for that, if you felt you were running out of things to say in a picture.
    2 sentences each pic (what my Irish teacher tell me) is a D grade. Pass.
    There's no need to go writing your own stories. It will make things easier for you though to change around the more fussy Irish sentences in to things you know you can say correctly.
    If you manage 3 things a picture, then I guess 18/24 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

however saying 4 basic senteces will obviously not yield the same amount of mark as saying 4 very advanced. Im wondering the quality of the irish in the gleasnotaí samples. Would saying 4 of their sentences be sufficient or is that only perhaps 45/60 marks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Docscar38

RoRo979 wrote: »
    however saying 4 basic senteces will obviously not yield the same amount of mark as saying 4 very advanced. Im wondering the quality of the irish in the gleasnotaí samples. Would saying 4 of their sentences be sufficient or is that only perhaps 45/60 marks

Key words and briathra. For each set make a line down the page and write the keywords on the left and the briathra on the right. Do the same for each Box . I find this seriously useful and less time consuming. Give it a go anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Unless you've a seriously photographic memory learning those notes would be impossible before next week. The Gléas nótaí ones are pretty hard. You could google and find the Is Féidir Leat version which is easier. Better to be easy and correct than aim high and mess it up.
    As mentioned above, it would be better to learn key words and verbs than trying to learn 20 stories off by heart. If you're really stuck mention weather, how many people in the picture, what they're wearing etc. Then practice saying whats in the speech bubbles.

• Advertisement

dory wrote: »
    Unless you've a seriously photographic memory learning those notes would be impossible before next week. The Gléas nótaí ones are pretty hard. You could google and find the Is Féidir Leat version which is easier. Better to be easy and correct than aim high and mess it up.
    As mentioned above, it would be better to learn key words and verbs than trying to learn 20 stories off by heart. If you're really stuck mention weather, how many people in the picture, what they're wearing etc. Then practice saying whats in the speech bubbles.

i actualy find gleasnotaí to be the most basic of all the recources i have hence why im wondering if they are any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Could someone please send me notes for campail cois farraige please im doing HL irish and i need this badly !!! Please and thanks

Could someone please send me notes for campail cois farraige please im doing HL irish and i need this badly !!! Please and thanks

brón orm mo chara tá mé an-déancch, churfidh mé suas mo notaí inniú.

brón orm mo chara tá mé an-déancch, churfidh mé suas mo notaí inniú.

Its ok im done irish :)

Its ok im done irish :)

so sorry for that, would mind telling me how your conversation structure went?

• Advertisement

so sorry for that, would mind telling me how your conversation structure went?

Went fine, from myself>family>sport>my area>school>transition year>why i like irish.
    :)

Went fine, from myself>family>sport>my area>school>transition year>why i like irish.
    :)

if i get that damn i will be happy, any tough question or all basic enough?

Advertisement