Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi fi help

Options
  • 05-04-2015 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭

I have a problem I hope someone could help me with

Most of the time I live in a fairly rural place where broadband speeds are patchy at best - normally not much of a problem for me personally except when I have a software update to download (osx Yosemite - 5.18gigs)

Need it fast as some software I have won't work with older osx - will be waiting days if I download it at home + it will cost an arm and a leg going over allowance

Is there anywhere I can get wi-fi either free or paid (as long as cost not totally insane) that would allow me to download the update without renting a place, maybe setting down roots in the community etc

Currently sitting quite frustrated with the wifi in costa coffee - anywhere I could buy the update on a disk even and transfer it to a USB so I could get it on the computer without this monumental hassle?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What area are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭amacca

dub45 wrote: »
    What area are you in?
    Tks for reply

Midlands.

But would be willing to travel - in Dublin a lot.

Rang apple and they can't send me a disk etc - suggested I try a service center so I'm going to give that a go too - one would think it shouldn't be such a pain in the hole to update ones computer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

amacca wrote: »
    Tks for reply

Midlands.

But would be willing to travel - in Dublin a lot.

Rang apple and they can't send me a disk etc - suggested I try a service center so I'm going to give that a go too - one would think it shouldn't be such a pain in the hole to update ones computer.

Private me and I will put it on a usb and you can collect next time you are in Dublin

Advertisement