Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Efficient travel gear: Bag, footwear, socks ...what else?

• 05-04-2015 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm gonna be spending a few weeks bumbling around eastern Europe (usual Berlin -> Budapest dealio and then see from there) before emigrating in the summer and am currently sorting out the essentials of what to bring with me. Want to buy high quality stuff so that I'll be able to use it again for travelling and/or going on biggish hikes.

Bag
    Want a pretty small bag that won't be too much hassle, with a smaller super lightweight bag tucked inside to bring around with me in cities and such, looking at the Osprey Porter 46. Does anyone know whether it'd fit in the carry on luggage for a flight? Are there any similar bags which you can recommend?
    Can't see why I'd possibly need any larger.

Footwear
    Haven't even started looking into this yet, ideally want something that'd be good for cities but not totally useless for some other environments. Probably gonna stuff a pair of converse into my bag too as a backup pair.

Socks
    Want to get these before footwear so I can try on shoes with the same type of socks as I'll be wearing. What I'd really want is a pair of durable socks that dry extremely quickly, that way I'd only need to bring two pairs with me and rotate between them each day, washing them in a sink each night.

In terms of clothes, I'm mostly gonna bring light clothing and if I'm cold I can just wear lotsa layers. What kind of trousers would be good to bring?

Advertisement