Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

children away from their parents in the pub

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    However every time she so much as uttered a syllable at normal volume, the woman in front shot me a dirty look. Some people just have no time for children being in their general vicinity and I suspect that these are the people that continuously have these unfortunate disruptions.
    I notice that parents have a very different definition of "normal volume" when it relates to their own kids.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

I have two kids and two sisters that I have looked after from a young age. Kids when allowed run around and disrupt things are going to annoy people. It annoys me.

However since they were all babies we've brought them out to restaurants, pubs in a hotel once when on holidays. I think if you are a decent parent you mind your kids and make sure they are not disrupting other people.

I can't stand those who let their kids run wild as my kids are then sitting there well behaved and looking at me like wtf they're allowed, in which case they are told the other kids are very bold and they could get hurt.

For the record I have had some kid kicking my seat on a night transatlantic flight and gave him and his parents the evils and happened to mention out loud "if that kid kicks the seat one more time..."

I have also had a grown woman in the cinema kicking my chair and unfortunately for her I was pregnant so I was well able to turn around and let her know she was pissing me off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I notice that parents have a very different definition of "normal volume" when it relates to their own kids.:rolleyes:

Some parents maybe? I'm quite aware of what normal volume is. I don't allow my child to scream and shout in public spaces that aren't appropriate for such behaviour. When you're sitting in close proximity to others it's usual to hear their voices when speaking at a normal level. Some people have such a problem with children being near them that they can't even tolerate that. Precious flowers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If I see kids in a pub I hasten my exit.

Luckily the pubs I frequent don't have kids there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Nothing wrong about it at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Children in the pub is like having a pet in the house for me. Dog house for the dog, the home for the child.

Advertisement