Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epson Stylus Photo RX425 printer problem

Options
  • 05-04-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

I haven't used my Epson Stylus Photo RX425 printer for a few months. In the meantime I've upgraded my laptop from Vista to W7. I plugged in the printer today and it can't/won't install the driver. It will work fine with the scanner but not with the printer.

I later plugged it into a Windows 8 laptop and it worked fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Download the driver for the printer from here

Filter box on left hand side for your operating system.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thanks OMC. I'm back in business.

I had been on that site already but there were no options for Windows 7. Your link brought me to the XP 32bit page. I decided to download the drivers and give it a try anyway. Nothing to lose etc. During the installation I was told the drivers were not compatible with W7 but I went ahead anyway. Plugged in the printer and, lo and behold, "Device drivers successfully installed".

Thanks again. This has been driving me mad for a few days.

Advertisement