Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expeirence of growing Sarpo Mira potatoes

Options
  • 05-04-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of growing Sarpo Mira potatoes.
    I have read they have great resistance to blight and pests.
    What do people think of the taste?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Done these as main crop 2 year ago had great success and nice crop different sizes of spuds even to mad bolder size ideal for bakers and chipping taste wise ok there not terrific not the worst either... last year had lil to no success with them using first years small spuds for seed... And that's my two cents...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    ... last year had lil to no success with them using first years small spuds for seed... And that's my two cents...

I was hoping to do the same this year.
    The leaves still looked as if they had some blight but it didn't affect the tubers
    Found some of the bigger spuds a bit woody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I have planted 3 rows of them because of the good weather we are having. Please tell me they are more edible than some of the reviews I have read online?

Advertisement