Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build/new garden

• 05-04-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi there, we hope to move into a new build in early June. For the time being we are just going with 2 big flower beds under bay windows. I'd like some colour straight away.id also like to plant some cherry blossoms....is there a particularly good time to plant these? Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Can plant your tree any time of year I think but avoid the winter. Either way give it plenty of water during dry spells until it digs in. I planted a cherry blossom last summer and it's on the verge of blossoming now.

If I've one piece of advice though for a new build is that if you are planning a lawn, spray the shít out of it first to kill whatever weeds are in the top soil. 2 years since my builder seeded my lawn for me I'm tearing my hair out quicker than I can tear the docks out of my lawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Niall_daaS

luppy wrote: »
    ....is there a particularly good time to plant?

In general best time is from november (when leaves are down) to march (before new leaves start growing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Niall_daaS

luppy wrote: »
    ....is there a particularly good time to plant?

In general best time is from november (when leaves are down) to march (before new leaves start growing).

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Depending on height and design you could put some alpines amongst the mix of the bay window flower beds?

Advertisement