Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick strava question

• 05-04-2015 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭

If one of your club mates have done a spin, it is possible to just download their spin from their activities so that you can load it onto your garmin?

I now I could just go and map it myself but where is the fun in that :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

If one of your club mates have done a spin, it is possible to just download their spin from their activities so that you can load it onto your garmin?

I now I could just go and map it myself but where is the fun in that :D

Pretty sure you can only do it if you have a premium account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Yes you should be able to theres an option to use this route or similar. I've done it before myself can't remember the steps But fairly straight forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

For me (premium) it is.
    On your friends ride map, right top corner there is arrow pointing down and GPX.
    Click on it to download.
    Copy that file in your Garmin "new files" folder I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

inc21 wrote: »
    For me (premium) it is.
    On your friends ride map, right top corner there is arrow pointing down and GPX.
    Click on it to download.
    Copy that file in your Garmin "new files" folder I think.

Perfect. Found it now. Thanks :)

Have to be a premium member though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Perfect. Found it now. Thanks :)

Have to be a premium member though.

Or you could ask your buddy to email you the file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

What is this? 2014?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

[Edit] I think you can just click on someones ride where the "spanner" is and there is a "create" route option which is "Free" to use.

^^^ That's the handiest option.

I became a free trial/premium member this morning with the sole purpose of downloading a few peoples spins from the weekend to see if I could repair someone elses "File" after their Garmin ran out of charge about 50km from home.

You can download people GPX files but it is just the basic "route" which is probably what you want. You can't upload it back to Strava as your own, so to speak.

I didn't have the patience to wait for people to email me their GPX files. :D

Pleased to say I successfully added the "lost" distance using my spin/GPX file, though he now has my HR and Cadence data for the last part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

you can use this tool to download a whole route or just a segment

http://strava-tools.raceshape.com/vpu/

@Unknown soldier don't forget to cancel before your free trial ends or you'll get caught for a years subs. I forgot so ended up a premium member I'm yet to see the benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

What if you have no buddies?

• Advertisement

Zyzz wrote: »
    What if you have no buddies?

Then why would you even bother to go outside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Then why would you even bother to go outside?

To try find buddies for sale.

Zyzz wrote: »
    To try find buddies for sale.

Or for murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Hauki

Another quick question, is premium worth the money? I'm using Garmin Edge 200 so I wont have access to mapping, power or hrm-measurement anyways.

Hauki wrote: »
    Another quick question, is premium worth the money? I'm using Garmin Edge 200 so I wont have access to mapping, power or hrm-measurement anyways.

Nope. The standard set up is all you'll need although I actually barely remember it before I got caught for a premium account.

You get access to a few suffer fest videos and a bit more analysis I think there's premium leader boards also I think.

Stick with the standard and invest in something else bike related.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Hauki

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Nope. The standard set up is all you'll need although I actually barely remember it before I got caught for a premium account.

You get access to a few suffer fest videos and a bit more analysis I think there's premium leader boards also I think.

Stick with the standard and invest in something else bike related.
    Thats what I thought. Figured the heatmaps etc. might have been a handy feature to spot new routes. Think I'll just stuff that 50€ bill to my jersey pocket and use it on coffee and cakes on upcoming rides.

Advertisement