Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 4S disappearing memory???

• 06-04-2015 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, my memory is disapearing for no reason.
    Have lots of app and photos deleted with still no memory.
    Deleted an app there a few mins ago, had 35 mbs left,
    Checked it 5 second later an 23 mbs left,
    Checked it 10 seconds later an 0 bytes left!!
    Is there a dodge in it somewhere or can a plug into iTunes on a computer reset stuff.
    I know fook all about computers.
    Thanking you ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BandofBrothers

Hi

Are you on iOS 8 ?

If so check in Settings,General,Usage, manage storage and it'll show what's using what.

If you hook up to itunes the usage bar at the bottom will also show what's being used. The 'other' reading is your ios and other data such as text/iMessages , reminders, notes, calendar entries which all take up space. Try deleting some of them.

I use DropBox app to store my pictures.

You can also perform a back up to iCloud or your computer and perform a restore via iTunes which typically helps reclaim internal memory and reduce the other section although this will grow over time again.

If you continually use most of your memory then next time you upgrade try to increase the choice of internal memory.

I use a 16gb iphone 6 plus with 6gb of internal memory still left. Everyone's usage habits are different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Hi

Are you on iOS 8 ?

If so check in Settings,General,Usage, manage storage and it'll show what's using what.

If you hook up to itunes the usage bar at the bottom will also show what's being used. The 'other' reading is your ios and other data such as text/iMessages , reminders, notes, calendar entries which all take up space. Try deleting some of them.

I use DropBox app to store my pictures.

You can also perform a back up to iCloud or your computer and perform a restore via iTunes which typically helps reclaim internal memory and reduce the other section although this will grow over time again.

If you continually use most of your memory then next time you upgrade try to increase the choice of internal memory.

I use a 16gb iphone 6 plus with 6gb of internal memory still left. Everyone's usage habits are different.

Thanks for feedback
    No I'm still on iOS 7
    Haven't enough memory to upgrade to iOS 8
    That maybe a job for computer
    Don't have an 'other' section
    Yea I'm always checking the usage but it only adds up to '1150' gb
    Along way off an 8gb phone
    Had dropbox on, had photos on it, had to delete it to get another app one day in a panic, now I've no memory to get dropbox back for remaining photos.
    Vicious circle,
    But can't understand why when I delete an app the free memory 'disappears'
    Where?????
    Hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BandofBrothers

Hi

You're Welcome.

If you connect up to iTunes on a computer you'll see the other bar at the bottom under devices and you don't need the free space required on the iPhone to update iOS that way.

On an iPhone with 8gb of memory it does not have 8gb of actual end user usage as iOS takes up a chunk.

You'll have approx 7.24gb of user memory available to you.

Many things take up memory and it's hard to pin point as everyone's usage pattern is different.

Delete old videos, pictures , songs and the entries I mentioned in calendar , notes and reminders along with old text messages , iMessages , tones and emais as those with attachments take up space too.

Hi

You're Welcome.

If you connect up to iTunes on a computer you'll see the other bar at the bottom under devices and you don't need the free space required on the iPhone to update iOS that way.

On an iPhone with 8gb of memory it does not have 8gb of actual end user usage as iOS takes up a chunk.

You'll have approx 7.24gb of user memory available to you.

Many things take up memory and it's hard to pin point as everyone's usage pattern is different.

Delete old videos, pictures , songs and the entries I mentioned in calendar , notes and reminders along with old text messages , iMessages , tones and emais as those with attachments take up space too.

Looks like hooking to a computer is the last resort
    Yea I know it's not the full 8 gb to use but I'm maxed out at 1.1 gb which is strange
    But computer job it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

ZsjpcM1.jpg

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    ZsjpcM1.jpg

Lol

Advertisement