If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 - 55 inch TV for gaming

Options
  • 06-04-2015 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

Looking for a recommendation on a TV for the xbox one. It will primarily be used for gaming. Doesn't need smart apps or doesn't need to be 3d. 

My budget could be up to 1000 - 1200 euro.

I'm thinking at least 50 - 55 inches.

From what I am reading - curved TVs are still a bit of gimmick, although I am tempted by gimmicks.

Ultra hd screens (4k) screens sound great in practice, but very little content is available anyway and I would be concerned about delays /lag in up scaling hd game images to 4k and any possible delays therein. 

In a similar thread here I think ye recommended a panny 650b...

Muppet man.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Muppet Man,  The Panasonic tx55as650b http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200527-viera-tx55as650b.aspx
     is an excellent set.  It's motion processing rate of 1200 HZ would be especially suited gaming. 

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Hi Stephen - thanks for the reply... sorry for the delay in replying. Spent the last few days trawling the internet researching gaming TV's... 

Sony's 8 series actually seems popular with game reviewers in terms of input lag (or lack of input lag in this case). In particular, I see that Richersounds have a 55 inch -- KDL55W829

Whats the best price you can give me on that? Does that include delivery?

Also, I see some of these models listed as KDL55W829B and some as KDL55W829BBU, any idea what the difference in those letters at the end are?

Lastly, somewhat unrelated, do you guys sell HDMI Splitters  - with one HDMI Input and two HDMI outputs... (Note, not a HDMI switch).

Thanks, 
    Muppet Man

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Hi Stephen - thanks for the reply... sorry for the delay in replying. Spent the last few days trawling the internet researching gaming TV's... 

Sony's 8 series actually seems popular with game reviewers in terms of input lag (or lack of input lag in this case). In particular, I see that Richersounds have a 55 inch -- KDL55W829

Whats the best price you can give me on that? Does that include delivery?

Also, I see some of these models listed as KDL55W829B and some as KDL55W829BBU, any idea what the difference in those letters at the end are?

Lastly, somewhat unrelated, do you guys sell HDMI Splitters  - with one HDMI Input and two HDMI outputs... (Note, not a HDMI switch).

Thanks, 
    Muppet Man
    Hey Muppet Man.

The 55W829 is an in store only collection and can not be purchased online.
    Its currently priced at 1099.99 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200597-bravia-kdl55w829.aspx

The B and the BBU are the same screen. Seems sometimes it get a[font=Calibri, sans-serif]bbreviated to just a B.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]When you search either it still bring up the same website like our own .[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]On the HDMI splitters, the only one that we stock is the CYP QU-12 priced at 210.00 Euro (Special Order)[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv-accessories/cyp/qu-12s/cyp-qu-12s[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Let me know what you think.[/font]

Thanks for getting back to me. Where is the nearest store to Dublin? :-)

Just saw currys have it for 1069- http://www.currys.ie/Product/sony-bravia-kdl55w829bbu-smart-3d-55-led-tv/322094/397.0.0

Thx,
    Muppet man

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for getting back to me. Where is the nearest store to Dublin? :-)

Just saw currys have it for 1069- http://www.currys.ie/Product/sony-bravia-kdl55w829bbu-smart-3d-55-led-tv/322094/397.0.0

Thx,
    Muppet man
    That's not too bad a price, but their price doesn't include delivery or a 5 year warranty which our euro price does - their delivery is €19.99 - a 5 year warranty on an €1100 TV has got to be worth a tenner! but we have no problem price beating without a 5 year warranty!

Thanks and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks John - appreciate the feedback... youre in Belfast only though right? All of a sudden The missus is keen on a shopping trip LOL :)

Thanks John - appreciate the feedback... youre in Belfast only though right? All of a sudden The missus is keen on a shopping trip LOL :)
    Hey MuppetMan.

Yes we are in Belfast, located in the Smithfield area just behind Castlecourt shopping center.

We can make you a cup of coffee and you can relax for a bit before heading off to face the shopping crowds.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.