Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for a credit card

Options
  • 06-04-2015 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

I recently applied for a credit card with tesco that was rejected.

On the back of that I requested my credit report from the ICB and it's perfectly clean, shows just one loan that has been paid off in full.
    I earn over €27k a year in full time employment.
    I noticed I wasn't on the register of electors so I have sorted this and have been added to the supplement and can vote (however this doesn't show when searching online, only confirmed via phone)

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on why it may have been rejected and whether I'm likely to have more success with another application to a different institution? Any suggestions on which institution?

I have bank accounts with AIB (main account) and Ulster Bank, however I'm considering moving it all to Permanent TSB.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Move to PTSB for current account -no brainer and you can then apply for a credit card and if they don't give you one stay with them for current account and try KBC for credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,942 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The electoral roll was probably the problem.

Why are you going for a CC with a retailer, rather than with whoever you regularly bank with? It's a lot easier with the, because they know your salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

The electoral roll was probably the problem.

Why are you going for a CC with a retailer, rather than with whoever you regularly bank with? It's a lot easier with the, because they know your salary.

I anticipate spending €1k a month on the card (for work expenses) so the clubcard reward scheme was the main reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I also recently applied for a Tesco CC and was turned down.

My salary is €53K and I afterwards requested my ICB report which was clean.

I reckoned it was to do with me changing jobs in January, but apparently Tesco can be difficult to get approval from

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have a Tesco CC & a BOI. The BOI has a much higher limit & was much easier to get.

• Advertisement

I got approval with permanent tsb with no problems. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

dan185 wrote: »
    I got approval with permanent tsb with no problems. Thanks all.

Dan, if you don't mind me asking, how much of a limit did TSB give you on the card?

Mezcita wrote: »
    Dan, if you don't mind me asking, how much of a limit did TSB give you on the card?

I only applied for the minimum 1000

Advertisement