Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Vivarium

Options
  • 06-04-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I was looking at converting this into a Vivarium for an iguana
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/30236030/#/30236030

My only problem was getting the doors replaced with Glass.

Does anyone have any good sites or companys for getting Glass panels in Dublin?

Regards
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I used plexi glass instead of glass for my vivarium builds, however I can't give you a company name as my boyfriends dad got it done for me, I'll see can I find out.

Plexi is stronger, cheaper and won't break!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭goblin59

Is it scratch resistant? Just worried the iguana would scratch it to bits.

Otherwise, that would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

goblin59 wrote: »
    Is it scratch resistant? Just worried the iguana would scratch it to bits.

He might, but it's so cheap it won't really matter. It does scratch easily enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

One thing to watch out for... I've built a fair bit of ikea stuff and the back of the top part of that may well be a very thin piece of plywood. I'd have a look at one in their showroom before ordering anything for the project.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I know what you mean, it will more than likely be a two piece set of ply. I'd probally replace it with either Marine Ply or 10mm ply.

I'm thinking of using synthetic tiling sheets to protect the MDF of the sides too.

Advertisement