Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suicide Bunny liquids contains diacetyl and acetyl

Options
  • 06-04-2015 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I can't actually post a link due to restrictions imposed by boards and needing 50 posts :(

...but anyway, there's a thread on reddit in /r/electronic_cigarette with a discussion and giving details of lab breakdowns of Suicide Bunny liquids which contain diacetyl and acetyl.

Here's a lab report for Mothers Milk

imgur.com/wbgkAHL

Copy/paste the link into a new browser tab to view it.

It's more the fact that Suicide Bunny blatantly lie about the ingredients that pisses me off and this again another proof really that proper regulations need to be in place because vendors just can't be trusted to self regulate.
    Annoying really.

Wouldnt mind but their Sucker Punch juice is probably the best juice I've ever vaped so far and even that contains high acetyl propionyl.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I thought this was old news? but they changed their recipe? If you look it up you'll find reports on this from a year ago.

Also, on that very sub reddit, someone points out:

"literally not one person has ever gotten "popcorn lung" from smoking, and cigarettes have more diacetyl then any ejuice by an order of magnitude. The whole diacetyl scare on this subreddit reminds me of chicken little thinking the sky was falling."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WarmT

I thought this was old news? but they changed their recipe?

Yeah and lied again apparently, their juices still contain diacetyl and acetyl propionyl with the acetyl being particularly high.

The lab report on mothers milk is dated 31/03/2015

Be careful also of misinformation posted on that reddit thread by shills, aikanae is one for sure.

To me it's more that they've lied and continue to lie about the ingredients. It also hurts decent vendors who wouldn't lie and who don't include shady ingredients with any health risks (however low they might be).

Read more of that sub there, I really wouldn't be worried or sucked in by any scare mongering on it. Seems nobody has ever got actual 'popcorn lung' from vaping. People get a bit of a pain, and think that's what it is ... nobody ever actually confirmed as having it, caused by vaping.

Just like anything else, everything in moderation. You could either decide never to use their juices again, or just every now and then.

I wonder how many other companies add the stuff to their juices, I'd be thinking a lot of custard/butterscotch/creamy juices probably contain some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

I have seen several studies that show most of ecig juice having diacetyl and acetyl, one as much as 75% of them. But they are in the range of 100X less than cigs on the diacetyl, and as much as 20X less on the acetyl. Most of which were well below what the FDA deemed safe as well

I'm not sure it's anything to be concerned about if you vape to keep from smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

WarmT wrote: »

...but anyway, there's a thread on reddit in /r/electronic_cigarette with a discussion and giving details of lab breakdowns of Suicide Bunny liquids which contain diacetyl and acetyl.

Interesting posts on that thread about the price mark up on 'premium' juices, with a juice maker saying shops won't agree to sell his juices for lower than the premium $20 entry point regardless of what he wholesales it to them at.

Some racket the juice game it seems, he's talking about a 1500% mark-up on some juices. Fair play to them I suppose, get it while you can.

• Advertisement

It's an American reddit group, they are sensationalist about f'ing everything. Love a bit of scare mongering they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

If they have lied about the ingredients twice I would be concerned.

Even if it was harmless ingredients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If they use diacetyl, grand. I'm sure plenty of companies do, and it's still probably better than cigarettes.

To lie and mislead the public is not on.

I choose not to use diacetyl, so to think I could be unknowingly inhaling it? That infuriates me.

I deliberately do not use custard or buttery flavours because of it.

Suicide bunny should have been upfront from the beginning. Plenty of people will happily buy juice with diacetyl. lying about is scummy behaviour and adds fuel to the already misguided public view on vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Great post Jenny, and I agree completely.
    Lying, even once, to your customers is grounds for a complete and total boycott IMO.
    Now, how many other companies have these products in their juices is another thing.
    Part of what we require in regulation is exactly this, unfortunately.
    Full and proper testing and disclosure of the ingredients.

Where is their actual denial? not seen it. Just the word of random reddit posters ...

I don't buy SB liquids anymore anyway, there's better stuff for cheaper out there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I don't buy SB liquids anymore anyway, there's better stuff for cheaper out there.
    In fairness mothers milk is a cracking juice.But in saying that,there's not really much out there that i would rate to be that great under The 18-20 euro bracket apart from a small few dotted about The Place (our boards born artisan e-liquid is a sub market price excellent juice maker)

In fairness mothers milk is a cracking juice.But in saying that,there's not really much out there that i would rate to be that great under The 18-20 euro bracket apart from a small few dotted about The Place (our boards born artisan e-liquid is a sub market price excellent juice maker)

I don't rate mother's milk highly tbh, I was thinking of their other line, King's crown: and in particular Claim your throne. Which I love. but I found other butterscotch juices that are equal if not better. Even Mountbakervapor's butterscotch is nicer. For less than half the price. I won't touch anything over 30 PG these days either.

If I was buying a premium juice atm, it would probably be Beard vape #5 - the strawberry one. It's so good, but I'm not paying €24 for 30ml of anything

Advertisement