Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strava KOM's vs Coffee

• 06-04-2015 1:17pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Had a lovely spin this morning but wondering which is better, a nice coffee at Piccolo's in Skerries or stealing a KOM from Lusk Doyle???

Answers on a postcard please, VCB cap to the best ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

RobFowl wrote: »
    Had a lovely spin this morning but wondering which is better, a nice coffee at Piccolo's in Skerries or stealing a KOM from Lusk Doyle???

KOM from Lusk Doyle everytime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭detones

I think after taking his KOM he should be buying you your coffee.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,304 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

... but that's like stealing candy from a kid ...

I do think you should be a little more considerate there Rob. You don't know how he might react - could end up closing his account

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,304 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Wow Rob - just checked it out - your top speed on that segment was 25.6km/h and your average 27.5km/h

I'd look out for the guy in 3rd place - he's only 1 minute 15s behind you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Stealing is quite right. I shall be out to liberate it from the forces of oppression shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Must try harder Rob! - Not much satisfaction taking a KOM when there is only three on the leader board (even if it was from Lusk Doyle). And the chap in third place must have been walking.

Must try harder Rob! - Not much satisfaction taking a KOM when there is only three on the leader board (even if it was from Lusk Doyle). And the chap in third place must have been walking.

I think that I set that one going backwards.

That's a bit unfair - it's the first trophy won by anyone while at VCB - an occasion to relish for the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

What kind of coffee are we talking about here? Cappuchio, espresso,macchiato, latte? ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

07Lapierre wrote: »
    What kind of coffee are we talking about here? Cappuchio, espresso,macchiato, latte? ;)

Cappuccino, scone with blueberry/almonds as well ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Beasty wrote: »
    That's a bit unfair - it's the first trophy won by anyone while at VCB - an occasion to relish for the club
    Jesus with that network of little segments on residential areas in their patch, I would have expected better! Must take a detour the next time I'm passing and bag me a few KOM's.

(I'll avoid sporting the Boards.ie and McNSCC kit to avoid detection! :D)

Large Cappuccino, scone with blueberry/almonds as well ...

It would want to have been in a golden chalice to come close to comparing with the joy and rareness of taking a KOM from me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Jesus with that network of little segments on residential areas in their patch, I would have expected better! Must take a detour the next time I'm passing and bag me a few KOM's.

(I'll avoid sporting the Boards.ie and McNSCC kit to avoid detection! :D)

I only went around the village to get the garmin over 70k, wasn't aiming for any thing. nice surprise to see crowns appear after downloading (had to check what they were for as had never seen them before ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Large Cappuccino, scone with blueberry/almonds as well ...

Well done Rob...a KOM and a blueberry muffin! A good days work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Go to his house for a coffee, after stealing the KOMs and then go out and take some more. I'll be doing that in the summer.

Raam wrote: »
    Go to his house for a coffee, after stealing the KOMs and then go out and take some more. I'll be doing that in the summer.

Oh it's on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Oh it's on.

What are you gonna do? Tell me that you are out of coffee?

Raam wrote: »
    What are you gonna do? Tell me that you are out of coffee?

We both know that never happens! I will be forced to hockey you around NCD on your bike though!

Another week and still own Lusk Doyle :)

Coffee in seasons was nice too ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

What is the segment in question?

• Advertisement

Zyzz wrote: »
    What is the segment in question?

The shortest, most out of the way and little ridden one in NCD.
    BUT it was lusk doyles ;)

It's out of your league Zyzz ....

(I suspect the Conference would be a few leagues above this one)

The countdown is on Fowler! I'm on your case!

The countdown is on Fowler! I'm on your case!

I'll get the popcorn :)

You do know that if nothing appears on Monday we will all know you tried and failed ;)

Heard you were actually getting some semtex from some of your "friends up north" with a view to ensuring no bikes get up that 5 metre climb....

Beasty wrote: »
    Heard you were actually getting some semtex from some of your "friends up north" with a view to ensuring no bikes get up that 5 metre climb....

I have a bird from the Shankill and a lad from Derry within 50 meters as we speak !

Some think I was only in Belfast this week to go mountain biking, the fools ....

You do know that if nothing appears on Monday we will all know you tried and failed ;)

You know that there is another one around the back there? You need to shave 22 seconds off your current best to get it!

You know that there is another one around the back there? You need to shave 22 seconds off your current best to get it!

Is that the one I rode on the Mtb with my 9 year old? If so well done ;)

I know you guys used to share club colours but I would hate to think what would happen if you ever crossed Swords at another Velo Club....

• Advertisement

Never saw that one before ! Surprised at some of the names on the list ! The back of my gaff seems more popular than I thought possible !!!!

Well I tried and failed. Well done sir, I doff my cap to you!

Well I tried and failed. Well done sir, I doff my cap to you!

They only man who can go out to try to improve on second and end up third ;)

Though to be fair the one you set in the opposite direction is well impressive, many first cat scalps taken as well as mine .

Ah the other fella went out the same day as you did before me!

Though to be fair the one you set in the opposite direction is well impressive, many first cat scalps taken as well as mine .

I doubt seriously that they were trying though!

• Advertisement

I doubt seriously that they were trying though!

A KOM is a KOM :)
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Advertisement