Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PC part suppliers for Customer Service

Options
  • 06-04-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am getting ready to order a good few parts from Hardwareversand.

While I appreciate the great value there is on that website through the geizhal website I have read many horror stories with them that shake my confidence. It's appears that they are great when everything is going smoothly however if there are issues you're ****ed.

Is there any suppliers in the middle who have good reasonable prices and have excellent customer service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I've always used Amazon. Prices might be a tiny bit more than hardwareversand, but their customer service is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Amazon are great for occasional bargains, ideal if you are not in a hurry to buy. I tend to use scan as I have a business account-so Vat exempt, but the exchange rate is abysmal these days.

Meant to say their customer service is generally good, but sometimes can be a bit slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 XXXtitan

Personally I have always ordered from Scan and over clockers. There CS is very good. They can somehow ha be more expensive that the other sites though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've dealt with Overclockers, Scan, Hardwareversand and Dabs, for RMAing stuff. I'd actually rate them in that order too. Overclockers are wonderful, but pricey, Scan are fine, HWVS are good if you can get someone English speaking (usually has to be requested), and Dabs are... alright, but a bit on the slow side, and communication could be better.

HWVS is probably your best bet, given that exchange rates are terrible at the moment.

Advertisement