Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG Payzone online payments not working

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I just tried logging in now and it is working okay with firefox and chrome if you want to try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Thanks Davy. Still no good for me. I can visit the payzone.ie site but just not the subdomain pages for Electric Ireland. I even tried http://electricireland.payzone.ie/ just to see if it would work. Very strange.

OK things have taken a turn for the weirder. If I use a proxy the pages load. I just used the first free proxy in a google search: https://hide.me/en/proxy The default country is The Netherlands.

Obviously I'm not using it to perform a transaction but it loads the page whereas my connection in Ireland won't? I'm on a 240Mb UPC connection in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you try using another device?

Can you use the sms topup from your phone if you are stuck till the reps have a look tomorrow

I made it to a payzone shop so it's not an emergency. I used my phone on my wifi and it failed to load just like my PC. When I switched it to 4G it loaded the page fine. So it seems to be an issue with my wired connection. 

Perhaps my current IP is blocked by payzone or something? I've made a note of my current IP for the reps if they want it. This is a weird one. It would be interesting to see if anyone on UPC in Galway has the same issue.

Thanks for the help Davy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Opinicus,

Thank you for your message. We regret to read you were having issues topping up.

We have tried all of the links on Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer and we have had no problem with the websites this morning. There may have been a temporary outage yesterday or there could have been an issue with your device or connection if the pages were not loading correctly. We would suggest that you delete your cookies and try again.

If you believe it is an issue with your connection or your IP address, you may need to contact your service provider.

Do let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,
    Aoife

I'll reboot my router to get a new IP this evening and check it then. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi again, Opinicus,

You are welcome. If you have any other questions, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement