Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to get PC Parts in Ireland

• 06-04-2015 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've been looking to upgrade my graphics card recently (hopefully a gtx 970) and I've been looking online and it seems that some American sites are 100 euro cheaper than some sites I'm looking at for Europe. I would import it but then you run into tax and it ends up being more expensive in the long run. I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on websites I could use. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hardwareversand.de after using geizhals.de discount site. €12 for postage makes it similar to Amazon in price so depends on Amazon shipping really.

Dabs, komplett and elara are generally more expensive.

The EU Amazon's (.it, .es, .de, .fr) are better value than UK as they're in euro.

Or you could take a gamble and hope you aren't hit with customs from the US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

You would be better off getting it from an EU based site, if you buy from an American one you could face customs, probably higher delivery and might also be limited in your warranty.
    When it comes to customer service you can not fault amazon but if you get a really good deal go with Hardwareversand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Got my GTX 970 in a bundle with a mouse from Scan.co.uk. Delivery was quick and cheap (about €5-8). Price was fair and I sold the mouse seperately for a bit of profit towards the initial cost.

Also Scan (and other various websites) is an authorised nvidia partner seller so you'll get a free game for buying a GTX 970 from then. At the moment the free game is The Witcher 3.

Hardwareversand.de as already recommended is another place but you may not get the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

I've signed up to the PC Partpicker daily price drop email.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/pricedrop/

I use the UK one but it never dawned on me to use one of the European ones.

Advertisement