Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swans

Options
  • 06-04-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭

An iconic band formed in the early 80s and disbanded in 1996. Influenced bands like tool , nine inch nails ,neurosis.

Reqrouped in 2010. Their last two albums "The Seer" and "to be kind" were number one albums of the year in 2012 and 2014 on rateyourmusic.com

Are there any fans on here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Alonso77

sxt wrote: »
    An iconic band formed in the early 80s and disbanded in 1996. Influenced bands like tool , nine inch nails ,neurosis.

Reqrouped in 2010. Their last two albums "The Seer" and "to be kind" were number one albums of the year in 2012 and 2014 on rateyourmusic.comoi

Are there any fans on here?

Yep, amazing band. The Great Annihilator (1995) is also a great album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

For newcomers the best entry point is Children of God. But all of their albums are immense and unique in their own way.

I'm still waiting to experience them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Don't know if you guys are aware but they are playing the button factory on may 25th.

I saw them when they played that location about two years ago. A very solid live band, if you're a fan I'd definitely recommend seeing them. I remember that Michael Gira was very soberly dressed in a black shirt and I have never seen an item of clothing more destroyed by sweat than that same shirt by the end of the night. It made Christy Moore look like a spokesperson for Right Guard.

One of the rare bands that's come back, many decades after first starting out, with possibly the best music of their lives.

Advertisement