Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert, A-Levels or SATs

• 06-04-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi everyone, i want to sit on one of these exams as an external/private candidate. i cant decide which exam to sit, can you please tell me the pros and cons of the exams so i can make my decision.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

It depends where you want to go to College I suppose.

All three are regarded highly globally, however I'd say the Leaving cert is the one that'd be the least known globally of the three.

The Leaving Cert requires you to do at least 6 subjects, whereas the A-Levels require you only to do 3 (as far as I know). The SAT requires you to do an overall SAT in English, Writing and Maths, but also has SATs in different subjects too. So really, I suppose it all comes down to what you're interested in using the exams for and what you'd feel most comfortable doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pappakhan

by any chance would u know the average amount of subject tests one would do for the SATs and ACTs???

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    It depends where you want to go to College I suppose.

All three are regarded highly globally, however I'd say the Leaving cert is the one that'd be the least known globally of the three.

The Leaving Cert requires you to do at least 6 subjects, whereas the A-Levels require you only to do 3 (as far as I know). The SAT requires you to do an overall SAT in English, Writing and Maths, but also has SATs in different subjects too. So really, I suppose it all comes down to what you're interested in using the exams for and what you'd feel most comfortable doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

pappakhan wrote: »
    by any chance would u know the average amount of subject tests one would do for the SATs and ACTs???

2, I think that's the SATs though.

I don't know anything about ACTs really.

Advertisement