Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forests and Parks where BBQing is allowed

• 06-04-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Now that the long days are upon us, one of our favourite family activities is a day trip with a BBQ lunch. Some places like Curraghchase allow (even facilitate) this, while others (Lough Gur for example) have signs up prohibiting it.

Where else allows you to BBQ?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The park in Ballina (by the swimming pool) has the BBQs like Curraghchase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You can do it at Cratloe woods too- by the lake and in the car park there are concrete plinths next to the picnic tables to place a BBQ on (disposable or whatever)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Thanks for the suggestions folks, keep them coming. Hopefully we will get the weather for it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Although not in Limerick I would highly recommend Donneraile Park which is located near Buttevant ion Co Cork is a fabulous park ...and also Coole Park just north of Gort in Galway is also worthy a trip.

Both take approx 40mins to get to from Limerick city and are beautiful parks much better than Curraghchase in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

steveon wrote: »
    Although not in Limerick I would highly recommend Donneraile Park which is located near Buttevant ion Co Cork is a fabulous park ...and also Coole Park just north of Gort in Galway is also worthy a trip.

Both take approx 40mins to get to from Limerick city and are beautiful parks much better than Curraghchase in my opinion.

Coole park is one of my favourite places in Ireland, possibly because it always precedes a visit to my favourite chipper in the country (Kettle of fish in Gort) but I don't think they'd take kindly to firing up a Barbie.

• Advertisement

Thank you - I know Donneraile very well, beautiful spot with a great playground for the kids (although they don't allow BBQs). Will check out Coole - thank you.

Coole park is one of my favourite places in Ireland, possibly because it always precedes a visit to my favourite chipper in the country (Kettle of fish in Gort) but I don't think they'd take kindly to firing up a Barbie.

Will definately check out Coole and Kettle of Fish - thank you :)

oakshade wrote: »
    Thank you - I know Donneraile very well, beautiful spot with a great playground for the kids (although they don't allow BBQs). Will check out Coole - thank you.

Ive seen plenty of people having bbq in both these locations...

Ive seen plenty of people having bbq in both these locations...

Maybe I need to be more brazen.... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bbq in public parks should be banned...the smell, the smoke, the mess and the amount of benches and seats ruined by dopey people who leave their portable bbqs on them is unreal

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    bbq in public parks should be banned...the smell, the smoke, the mess and the amount of benches and seats ruined by dopey people who leave their portable bbqs on them is unreal

In the same instance nobody should be allowed a bottle of lemonade in public parks as they wont put the damn things in the bin...any1 responsible should be allowed a bbq....

Any1 caught leaving behind should be named and shamed and fined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

In the same instance nobody should be allowed a bottle of lemonade in public parks as they wont put the damn things in the bin...any1 responsible should be allowed a bbq....

Any1 caught leaving behind should be named and shamed and fined.

and nappy changing,,dirty nappies left behind at beaches also..could go on for hours about the filthy things people do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

daveob007 wrote: »
    and nappy changing,,dirty nappies left behind at beaches also..could go on for hours about the filthy things people do.
    Misanthrope?

Advertisement