Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Cisco 2425 Modem Router

• 06-04-2015 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I don't find the Cisco 2425 Modem Router to be that great and am looking into getting a new router for the house.

I understand that I will have to keep the UPC provided Cisco 2425, what I'm wondering is can I turn off the wireless Wi-FI feature and use it purely as a Modem as opposed to a Modem and Router and use my own AC Router. Can I simply connect my new Router to the back of the Cisco??

Any advice or help here would be greatly appreciated. Also, UPC are the provider of my home phone service as well so if I disable the wireless feature of the Cisco 2425 and use my own router I would like it to have no effect on my home phone.

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Shane1989

greasepalm,

link appears to be broken or missing. :(

clicked on it and working,there is another post in same section.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Shane1989

I'm still getting "page not found"

retried link and still works.this member posted

pdelahunty in change UPC routers

• Advertisement

The EPC2425 is no longer provided by UPC as it's a DOCSIS 2.0 modem. Chances are that you're restricted to 30Mb too as this is the maximum they allow on DOCSIS 2.0 devices. You can't replace the UPC-provided device, only add another router behind it.

If there's a higher speed available in your area you might want to look at moving to another package - it may actually turn out cheaper for you and they'll give you a new modem. Either the TC7200 or the new Ubee device. Just be aware that you'll be tied into a new contract if you do this.

If you do decide to keep the EPC2425, you'll have to set it up in double NAT mode, because if you bridge the 2425 you lose the phone service. To do this, you'd need to assign a static IP address on the WAN side of your new router (in the same range as the Cisco) and add this IP to the DMZ on the Cisco's configuration page.

Advertisement