Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The DUFF

• 06-04-2015 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Really glad I saw this today, it was really good. Don't know if I'd say it quite reaches the level of mean girls, but it kinda reminds me of it, and it is good. The idea of labels and cliques and all the rest is very teenage mind, but its good!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Mae Whitman but this looks a poor version of Mean Girls meets Easy A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I thought it was real good, I'm wanting to see it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like Mae Whitman but this looks a poor version of Mean Girls meets Easy A

Her?

Liam O wrote: »
    Her?

Yes her from Arrested Development and Parenthood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mae_Whitman

The title confuses me as I keep thinking preggers :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Really though, her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Egg?

I only just got it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Liam O wrote: »
    Really though, her?
    Yup, her from Independence Day:
    2330970,4ed6S3v2zWk1GD6UDxN8BlwT0pTtOMusvGW2t6vM_WRbMtSCVai_EnHoxeVgiZb1aX+nfpXBgAMmtjWsCqzvHg==.jpg

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

cloud493 wrote: »
    I only just got it :o

Me too

Ann hog :p

I'm sure egg is a very nice person :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just saw this last night, also really liked it. Mae Whitman is the biz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

watched this recently. found it very good to be honest, well worth a look. Silly and funny sort of 'teen' movie with some likable lead characters . It kept me entertained , and not checking my phone ever so often, which these days is a sort of seal of approval !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

What a horrible, unfunny, unoriginal film. I really like Mae Whitman, which is the only reason I watched this, but come on, she's 26 years old playing a high school kid, and she looks like she's in her 20s, too. No American kids actually act or talk like the characters in this film. "Viral? Viral!" Ridiculous dialogue. The "trying on clothes montage" with zero originality...ugh. I sat there in silence as nearly every "joke" went over like a wet fart, thinking "it has to get better"...it didn't.

Watched it last week and it's a pleasant distraction that's far better than it has any right to be. It's the kind of easy to watch trash in which you can see every plot point coming 20 minutes before the characters but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The cast are all game and it's rather sweet in a way which doesn't come across as phoney or forced.

Advertisement