Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penstemons

• 06-04-2015 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

I've love to get a beautiful penstemon a friend had in her old garden - she can't remember the name - it's red-and-white flowers (red and white in the one flower), absolutely gorgeous. Any tips on what it is and where I'd get it?
    Quick google shows me that it's probably Penstemon Tubular Bells.
    I'm basically either on the bike or on the bus, which cuts out those nice trips to mountain gardens and Kildare farm sales.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

I've love to get a beautiful penstemon a friend had in her old garden - she can't remember the name - it's red-and-white flowers (red and white in the one flower), absolutely gorgeous. Any tips on what it is and where I'd get it?
    Quick google shows me that it's probably Penstemon Tubular Bells.
    I'm basically either on the bike or on the bus, which cuts out those nice trips to mountain gardens and Kildare farm sales.

There are a few varities with that colouring. Penstemon Rubicundus is one of the most common available in this country. You don't need mountain gardens or farm sales you just need a good garden centre. Penstemons are available from now on in most. Where do you live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I hang out in the south inner city. Rubicundus rocks (according to Google Image Search anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

I hang out in the south inner city. Rubicundus rocks (according to Google Image Search anyway).

You could try Plant Life on Cork Street but might have to take a trip to Newlands in Clondalkin. Call them first of course.

Alternatively some of the online garden centres will have it soon I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Thanks! Cork Street is more feasible for me than the far reaches of Newland's Cross.

Advertisement