Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking car up at train station?

• 06-04-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondered if i can park up for the day and how much it costs? going up to dublin early in the morn next week and back down the same evening.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Its 3 or 4 euro for the day. Cars are broken into all the time there though so be aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Waggaboo

Hi,

Just wondered if i can park up for the day and how much it costs? going up to dublin early in the morn next week and back down the same evening.

Cheers

4 euro but you actually need to have it in coins to feed in on the way in. Not the most sophisticated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

It's not the safest place to leave your car. Personally I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Should be ok during the day and if you can park near enough the front.
    I've parked there plenty of times without trouble but you do see a lot of broken car window glass about the place. If you do park there leave absolutely NOTHING on display in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If it were my car I wouldn't park it there no matter how cheap the rate is or how convenient it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭893bet

4 euro.

I park there regular with no issues. I wouldnt overnight.

As when parking anywhere dont leave anything on display.

Would you not be better off parking in roches street carpark if its still open by the time you get back to Limerick? For peace of mind at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I used to work overlooking the car park and regularly witnessed the track suited folks breaking in. Broad daylight wouldn't bother them. I wouldn't park a pushbike there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

If parking in Limerick city one of the multistory car parks be safer. The other option i'd recommend is to park car at Charleville Train Station if its not too inconvenient? Aprox 2 hours to Dublin from there by train only issue is limited parking there. Another suggestion is to get a bus into the city and walk to the station and get train from limerick city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Personally I would park in the multistorey on Roches street and walk up. It's only 5 minutes away and a *lot* safer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

My brother uses the train every day for work but only parks his car there on the odd occasion nobody can collect it for him and there has never been a problem.

If you prefer parking eleswhere for your own piece of mind. I also suggest Roches St car park.Best check what time it closes first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

doovdela wrote: »
    If parking in Limerick city one of the multistory car parks be safer. The other option i'd recommend is to park car at Charleville Train Station if its not too inconvenient? Aprox 2 hours to Dublin from there by train only issue is limited parking there. Another suggestion is to get a bus into the city and walk to the station and get train from limerick city?

Why If getting a train from Limerick would you park in Charleville ? 20 miles away on a **** road. Plus the train doesn't always stop there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

If it was me I would just drive to Dublin. Only 2 hours away/

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

What I often do is park in UL car park across from the stables, 2 Euro for car park and get the 10 Euro bus up from UL. M7 bus gets you to City centre dublin in 2hours 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

MilfordBud wrote: »
    What I often do is park in UL car park across from the stables, 2 Euro for car park and get the 10 Euro bus up from UL. M7 bus gets you to City centre dublin in 2hours 30.

Its actually 3 euro for the Car Park and the machine only takes 1 and 2 euro coins

Advertisement