Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which wireless router do I need?

Options
  • 06-04-2015 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi guys, im clueless about this stuff so sorry for what is no doubt a stupid question.
    Anyway im looking for a new wireless router, searched a bit and this one seems good TRENDnet TEW-812DRU (sorry cant post a link because im a new user, Its on amazon anyway)
    But there seems to be 4 different models of the same one, all at different prices. Whats the difference? And which one do I need to connect to the standard connection I will get from my ISP. I will be using a wireless internet service as I'm in a rural area. At the moment I have a dish on the roof, cable coming into to some while little box, this box just has a power cable going to it, and another Cat whatever cable going to my current Belkin Wireless router.
    I will be changing house soon and ISP provider but it will be wireless so I presume it will be wired the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

If you change ISP ie to vodaphone or eircom they should supply you with a router.

Advertisement