Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please

Options
  • 06-04-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

I lost my grandmother last month - was dealing with it ok - was upset and feeling crap but was coping. My mum (nans daughter) died a week ago and I feel like I am now losing it. I was coping for first few days but now i don't know what to do - feel exhausted, weak, sick, heartbroken. Can grief cause physical pain? I cannot do anything around the house, I will take another week off work and try and go back next week but is there anything practical that I should be doing to try and "function" normally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Yes its normal and it hurts.

Try and just care for yourself firstly; eat, get dressed, walk, read, bath, shower, nap, meet friends, etc.

Just take life in small bits.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i'm so sorry. to have lost two family members so soon is devestating. all you can do at the moment is go with each day, if you feel like crying, cry. if you feel happy, be happy. you'll never forget them and in time it will get easier to remember them. take care

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

You poor thing. Too loose 2 so close is awful. Hope your doing ok X

Advertisement