Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Religion HELP!!!

Options
  • 06-04-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am after failing my mock religion and I have about 50 something days till the real thing! I don't know how to study for religion I need help! Any sample essays? study plans etc and why are there no revision aids etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 conorbarrett2

In my experience, there is a technique of writing answers to questions in the LC subject of religion. Once you learn how they want you to answer a question, then it becomes extremely easy to get good grades, even if you don't know the content that well!

The way I learnt the technique was through practice, we had weekly tests and I started off getting really average grades, after a few tries of learning the way to write the essay I got my first A grade and then continued getting them right through. I would say keep doing essays and handing them up to your teacher, and hopefully you'll be able to perfect the method!

Also the exam is relatively predictable, you can rule out anything covered last year and really focus your revision on the key topics. (on saying that to get an A1 there's not enough choice in the exam to leave anything out, but if you'd be happy with a B I'd say you can comfortably leave out a lot of the course.

Hope I haven't come across patronizingly !

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wrongkey

Oh Thanks not patronizing at all! Would you be able to elaborate a little on the "technique" as in intro, first point, evidence, second poi.... conclusion. or? Do you have any predictions for this year? Sorry for so many questions... I am really reliant on this subject to get points for my leaving so...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Username44

wrongkey wrote: »
    I am after failing my mock religion and I have about 50 something days till the real thing! I don't know how to study for religion I need help! Any sample essays? study plans etc and why are there no revision aids etc?

What company was your mock? We had examcraft and only two people in our class got Cs

Advertisement