Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy a PC Hire Purchase

Options
  • 06-04-2015 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi

Im looking to get a new PC, It will need 16GB Ram and wil be more of a server for virtual machines.

I dont know where will allow me to pay monthly? Tried Max burns but they dont do it.

PC World's machines are not fit for purpose and the staff there are pretty clueless when it comes to PC's.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Try Dell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Would you not be in a position to get a bank or student loan or credit union loan and do it that way? It work out cheaper in long run and you would have more choices or even end up building it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 XXXtitan

chosen_one wrote: »
    Hi

Im looking to get a new PC, It will need 16GB Ram and wil be more of a server for virtual machines.

I dont know where will allow me to pay monthly? Tried Max burns but they dont do it.

PC World's machines are not fit for purpose and the staff there are pretty clueless when it comes to PC's.

Thanks

Hi There,

I strongly suggest a loan, personal, student etc. Trying to source a finance deal on a PC build is not good at all. My advice, if you cant afford now, wait until you can. Never finance a depreciating asset. Especially PC components. We're new items get released quaterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Might work out cheaper to just rent cloud servers, rather than lease your own VM server? Something like this:
    https://www.hostingireland.ie/cloud-servers.php

They compute your charge daily so cost scales up/down depending on what you actually use that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chosen_one

Im not a student or member of credit union etc.

After google search looks like dell dont do financing any more

The cloud server is stupendously expensive & I wouldnt be leasing the server forever I would pay it off over a year.

It seems hire purchase has died out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Companies like Hardwareversand.de and Scan.co.uk do finance on your order. I think.

Companies like Hardwareversand.de and Scan.co.uk do finance on your order. I think.

Only available to UK customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Honestly you're best option is a Credit Union. Not only will you get a significantly cheaper loan in terms of interest, you're also paving the way towards credit in the future. Credit union loans can be used for anything that you may require down the line.

Credit union loan you will only get if you have a history of saving with them. Secondly they will only possibly double or triple your entire savings you have with them.

However. They are much better than a bank. Bank may charge 13% interest plus.

Save my friend with the Credit union then hit them for a small loan in say 6 months. Once you have a history of saving with them weekly or monthly.

Advertisement