Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden party venue in Dublin

Options
  • 06-04-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm trying to plan a summer garden party in dublin city centre for around 50 people. the irish weather being what it is, I'd like an outdoor space that also has an alternative covered space I'd it rains, so parks are out. I've looked into a lot of beer gardens but they tend to not let you book the garden area. What would be ideal is a hotel or private house with a large garden space - can anyone recommend anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

I'd try D2, Diceys or Everleigh on Harcourt Street or House on Leeson Street. These four have beer gardens that are often turned into BBQ areas and can cater for a large crowd even if it rains.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

The Brian Boru in Phibsboro allow you to hire out their beer garden.

http://thebrianboru.ie/index.php/spaces-for-hire/beer-garden/

also one of the canoe clubhouses on at strawberry beds hire out rooms and an outside area

• Registered Users Posts: 2 partyplanner3

Thanks hayser, the trouble is club/bars typically don't let you book the entire area so it's not private.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Odessa will let you book the Roof top bar and terrace.
    http://odessa.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I haven't been to an office BBQ in a while but these are all venues I have been to before and might be worth talking to:
    Sycamore Club have a rooftop terrace, we were able to book it until a certain time, after which it opened up
    Bewley's Hotel in Ballsbridge, they laid on a BBQ on the terrace/lawn at the front, we also had a function room booked for the day
    Wanderer's Rugby Club, we had a BBQ and Ice Cream Van, we had the run of the bar and pitches for most of the day

• Advertisement
Advertisement