Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equestrian farms in Mayo

Options
  • 07-04-2015 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello fellow equine lovers!

If anyone knows of a reliable/friendly equestrian farm (could be a private one too possibly) in Co.Mayo can you please send me a private message .. I have tried google search, but for some reason I only get the name of one farm and get other random links for equestrian related stuff.

Thanks in advance!! :)

<snip>

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Farm as in stud??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kasn33

No! Farm as in the actual farm lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

. There are a few equestrian centres based on good sized farms and plenty of private yards that do livery. Mayo is a big county. 100 miles from Shrule to Bellmullet
    What exactly are u looking for.. A bit more detail would help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Are you looking for somewhere to rent for yourself, a riding school, or a livery yard?

We don't really refer to them as 'farms' here.

Im sorry! My terminology is off. Im still learning. I am looking for a place that I could work occasional hours on weekends or a few week nights to help bring in some extra money. I have experience (from Canada) working at prestigious private equestrian centers here - I have owned/trained and taught lessons. I have also done competitions myself (hunter/jumper)
    So just looking to contact a few places for when I move. I don't have an exact location as to where I will be just yet, but just doing some pre-move research so I have all my ducks in a row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Have you tried Yard and Groom? http://www.yardandgroom.com/Jobs/Ireland?timeperiod=pastmonth

Also, there's a few Facebook groups you can join too. I joined this a while ago and it's very busy: https://www.facebook.com/groups/7231212198/

In terms of Google, maybe it's because you used farm? Here, farms are moreso where food is made :) You could try googling Equestrian Centres, Riding Schools, Equestrian Yards, Showjumping Yards, Eventing Yards, etc., depending on what you're looking for. Getting paid work in Ireland is difficult though.

sup_dude - thank you! I will check those out.

Advertisement