Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding external HDD to a ps4

Options
  • 07-04-2015 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know if this is possible like the way you can just plug in a drive to the Xbox one as I download most of my games and the built in drive is just about full now..quick search online says that you've to replace existing one...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It currently isn't possible to use an externally connected HDD as storage for games on PS4. It is rumoured to be an upcoming firmware feature but nothing is confirmed.

However, changing the HDD on PS4 is easy. I wrote a guide on it myself actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

Ye I can't do this as I've the drive that's there full of games which I'll lose.surprised that Sony don't sort this out to in courage people to move to downloading games like Microsoft..

Otacon wrote: »
    It currently isn't possible to use an externally connected HDD as storage for games on PS4. It is rumoured to be an upcoming firmware feature but nothing is confirmed.

However, changing the HDD on PS4 is easy. I wrote a guide on it myself actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What's the best one to buy lads

Advertisement