If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha R-N500

Options
  • 07-04-2015 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hi,

could you tell me the price on the Yamaha R-N500 please as I don't see this on your website.

Also, could you tell me what the main difference is between the R-N500 and the R-N301?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

could you tell me the price on the Yamaha R-N500 please as I don't see this on your website.

Also, could you tell me what the main difference is between the R-N500 and the R-N301?

Thanks
    Hi Geln_Quagmire.

The RN500 has wrapped up with ourselves but we have a brand new boxed one left in stock.
    I did some checking on line and could offer the NEW one for £349.95 / 486.99 Euro (inc delivery).
    Pixmania.ie are currently listed as 522.49 Euro but are out of stock.

The 301 has a little more power at 100W
    The 301 has the built in Streaming service , Spotify, Pandora and vTuner.
    The 500 contains more inputs over the 301.
    The 301 can read WMA files as the 500 can not.

Here are also the links to the product on Yamaha's website
    RN500
    http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/stereo-receivers/r-n500_g/?mode=model
    RN301
    http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/stereo-receivers/r-n301_g/?mode=model

The 500 uses better components in what Yamaha call ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) and Art Base chassis construction to fully protect audio signals from noise and vibration. Moreover, all parts and materials have been carefully selected and tested, to make sure they are of only the highest quality—so that they all work together to provide the absolute best sound possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Is this in black or silver?

Also, could you tell me what your price is for the KEF Q500 in white?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Is this in black or silver?

Also, could you tell me what your price is for the KEF Q500 in white?

Thanks
    Glen,

the RN500 is in black - on the Kef Q500 unfortunately we don't stock it in white - if you are interested I can check out a price for you but as a combined price on the RN500 with the Q500 in either black or Walnut finish I can do them both together in a bundle at just £899.95 / €1249.99.

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Can you tell me this please, I have height space of 154mm in the middle shelf of my TV stand where the receiver would be positioned, I understand from the spec sheet the RN500 is 151mm in height is this correct?

This will give me a "whole" 3mm space to play with, is there a recommendation as to how much space is required for the receiver to "breathe" so it doesn't overheat?

Unfortunately I have nowhere else for the receiver to go.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Can you tell me this please, I have height space of 154mm in the middle shelf of my TV stand where the receiver would be positioned, I understand from the spec sheet the RN500 is 151mm in height is this correct?

This will give me a "whole" 3mm space to play with, is there a recommendation as to how much space is required for the receiver to "breathe" so it doesn't overheat?

Unfortunately I have nowhere else for the receiver to go.
    Glen,

3mm is tight okay but unless you are outside in Dubai that should be okay, certainly in our climate I don't think that you will have any issues as the R-N500 is vented top and bottom and its the flow of air across the heat sync that ensures a cool running happy amp rather than the actual clearance either top or bottom - it of course is important that the vents are not fully blocked and never remove the feet from a unit as the bottom is the critical area for air to enter the unit, rise, cool the components and then exit (slightly warmer!)

Again these products are engineered to work under temperature extremes and I honestly don't think that you would have any issues - in actual fact the R-N500 does run slightly warm under normal circumstances but it does sound rather nice and certainly packs a decent punch! 

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.