Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botharnabreena "policing"

Options
  • 07-04-2015 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the current situation re bailiff's at Botharnabreena? I know that there used to be at least one present most days up there (Tony I think?) however, based on what I saw up there yesterday while walking the dogs, I concluded that either the bailiff's had the day off or there are none. I saw 8-10 folk with spinning/bait rods fishing on the lower and upper lakes and 1 17-18 y.o. with a full two rod ledger rig out, alarms and all on the upper lake.

My understanding was that part of the licensing agreement with Dodder Anglers and the other clubs with permissions on the lakes was that there would be policing of the lakes regarding methods and permits. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

SNIP is the lads name( I know him from both fishing and from hunting) and he's a sound lad. Doesn't take sh1t off anyone either but he is basically on his own...... Or so I thought.
    Go back to 2012 and a conversation with himself and was told by him that There is 4 other lads up there who patrol but they are also all out on same day. So if there is none out there is none but if there is one then the other 3 will be there.
    Need to be patrolled every day especially when the weather is better as every scrote In Tallaght is up there.
    Apparently there is at least 2-3 people a year drown up there

Advertisement