Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regretting my PhD

• 07-04-2015 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Hoping for advice or possibly inspiration of some kind of what to do with PhD. I applied because I love the topic, and I still do BUT:

I applied for another Masters in the same topic, basically because what I wanted to research isn't "viable" with the time I have. My whole class also received the news two weeks ago that we need 61 supervised experience hours by the end of term. I've 11. That's not because I was slacking or anything, everyone else is in the same boat we were all under the impression we could gather the hours at our own pace and continue to gather those hours after we had graduated for a further year if needs be.
    I'm just really tired and fed up and I'm sick of working and still being broke paying for a course I might not even pass due to these hours.

Any advice/ideas? I'm going to go to my next class because apparently we're having a discussion about hours there. I was just so ridiculously stressed out to begin with and this has made it 10 times worse, so frustrating because I've been comforting myself that I'm "nearly" finished this year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

What sort of PhD is this? A class? Supervised hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

So you have a PhD and are now applying for a masters? Op is confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

AmyMaria wrote: »
    My whole class also received the news two weeks ago that we need 61 supervised experience hours by the end of term.

I'm just really tired and fed up and I'm sick of working and still being broke paying for a course I might not even pass due to these hours.

I'm going to go to my next class...
    I'm also confused - this doesn't sound like any PhD I've ever heard of? Classes, hours, course fees?!? Can you elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I've a load of classes in mine too, but they're language classes. Maybe something similar for the OP?

Advertisement